Bulls go winless in Orlando
The second road trip of the season did not see the same results as the first for the USF womens soccer team (2-3-0) as a pair of late losses sent the Bulls to a 0-2 weekend at the UCF Tournament.
The last time the Bulls played in the UCF Soccer and Track Stadium, the team gave up five goals in a season-opening loss to the Knights in 2011. This time, the second half proved to be an obstacle the Bulls were not able to pass.
USF opened its weekend Friday against Georgia. After junior forward Sharla Passariello scored her fourth goal of the season to tie the game in the first half, Georgias Bella Hartley put through a goal in the 47th minute, which would prove to be the game winner.
In their second game of the weekend, the Bulls looked to salvage a weekend split when they faced off against Dartmouth. An almost identical storyline unfolded, as an early Dartmouth goal was matched by a goal from sophomore Cara Patterson, the first of her career, but the game slipped away once again when Dartmouth put through a goal in the 72nd minute.
The Bulls will wrap up their five-game road trip in the College of Charleston Cup, beginning with a game against the host team Friday at 7:30 p.m.
Draper, Bulls go 1-2 once again
With the first road weekend of the new-look USF volleyball team complete, the Bulls exited much like their first home weekend: two tough losses and one hard-fought win.
After a four-set loss to host NC State to begin the NC State Invitational, USF displayed its strongest performance of the season against VCU, sweeping the Rams, 25-10, 25-20 and 25-18. Valerie El Houssine and Kayla Walton combined for 24 kills in
The team played its second weekend-ending five-set thriller, but was unable to come out victorious, falling to Kent State and dropping to 2-4 on the season.
Sweat, Lattimore honored
Members of USF mens soccer and football teams were recognized for strong performances over the weekend.
After scoring his second straight game-winning goal to start the weekend against SMU, junior defender Ben Sweat was named the national player of the week by TopDrawerSoccer.com.
Senior linebacker Dede Lattimore was named to the Big East weekly honor roll after leading the team with 10.5 tackles in the Bulls 34-13 win over Tennessee-Chattanooga on Saturday.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Do More With Less
- New Treatment for Undiagnosed Sports Injuries -- From...
- Beat the Crowds: Visit Europe During the Shoulder Seasons
- Building a Better Bridge From Hospital to Home Health Care
- 8 Tips to Selecting Colors for Your Home's Exterior
- This Year, Make a Goal to Contribute More to Your 401(k)
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Entries Now Open for 7th Annual College Sports Media Awards
- Rescue your Spring Break with new app dubbed the "Uber of Roadside Assistance"
- First Lady Michelle Obama and the Peace Corps Join Together to Expand Girls' Education
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending