Bulls get shot at New York Yankees on Friday
A special opportunity awaits the USF baseball team Friday, as the Bulls will line up against the New York Yankees at George M. Steinbrenner Field.
Though it is just an exhibition game, USF (4-4) is looking to right the ship, having lost four of its last five games since starting the season 3-0. The Bulls allowed 16 hits in a 12-1 loss to No. 19 UCF in Orlando on Tuesday night.
The Yankees begin their spring training schedule Saturday against the Philadelphia Phillies, but will use Friday's game as a tune-up before facing Major League competition for the first time. The Phillies hosted Florida State in Clearwater on Thursday and used a nearly full-strength lineup.
USF last played the Yankees in 2008, an 11-4 loss. First pitch is scheduled for 1 p.m.
The Bulls return to collegiate action Saturday against Savannah State at 6 p.m., before hosting a Sunday doubleheader at noon.
Bulls in Connecticut
For the second year in a row, the USF women's basketball team faces Pittsburgh in the opening round of the Big East Tournament, being held at the XL Center in Hartford, Conn.
The Bulls (16-14, 8-8) enter the tournament coming off a 64-56 overtime win over Providence at home on Monday, earning the No. 9 seed. Pittsburgh enters the tournament at 8-21 and 0-16 in the Big East.
Tipoff is set for 2 p.m. Friday, with the winner moving on to face the No. 8 seed DePaul at 2 p.m. Saturday. The Bulls topped the Blue Demons 66-63 in overtime on Jan. 17.
Should the Bulls advance, they would meet regular season champion Notre Dame in the quarterfinals Sunday.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Mack carries Bulls in season opener
- USF researchers take on true ALS challenge
- Artists to bridge gap for Muslim, Arab cultures
- USF women’s soccer captures first season win against FGCU
- End-of-summer movies fall into theaters
- #100happydays might be difficult to achieve
- Higher education continues to lack diversity
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care