Bulls get shot at New York Yankees on Friday
A special opportunity awaits the USF baseball team Friday, as the Bulls will line up against the New York Yankees at George M. Steinbrenner Field.
Though it is just an exhibition game, USF (4-4) is looking to right the ship, having lost four of its last five games since starting the season 3-0. The Bulls allowed 16 hits in a 12-1 loss to No. 19 UCF in Orlando on Tuesday night.
The Yankees begin their spring training schedule Saturday against the Philadelphia Phillies, but will use Friday's game as a tune-up before facing Major League competition for the first time. The Phillies hosted Florida State in Clearwater on Thursday and used a nearly full-strength lineup.
USF last played the Yankees in 2008, an 11-4 loss. First pitch is scheduled for 1 p.m.
The Bulls return to collegiate action Saturday against Savannah State at 6 p.m., before hosting a Sunday doubleheader at noon.
Bulls in Connecticut
For the second year in a row, the USF women's basketball team faces Pittsburgh in the opening round of the Big East Tournament, being held at the XL Center in Hartford, Conn.
The Bulls (16-14, 8-8) enter the tournament coming off a 64-56 overtime win over Providence at home on Monday, earning the No. 9 seed. Pittsburgh enters the tournament at 8-21 and 0-16 in the Big East.
Tipoff is set for 2 p.m. Friday, with the winner moving on to face the No. 8 seed DePaul at 2 p.m. Saturday. The Bulls topped the Blue Demons 66-63 in overtime on Jan. 17.
Should the Bulls advance, they would meet regular season champion Notre Dame in the quarterfinals Sunday.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- As USF football surges forward, winless UCF hobbles toward finish line
- USF men's basketball tops Albany for first win of season
- USF professor goes viral for comments on friend requests
- Tampa sees rise in income inequality
- Yogurt, the front-line defense against Type 1 diabetes?
- USF’s new policy not in employees’ best interest
- Open mic discusses impact of suicide
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The INs and OUTs of a Hospital Stay
- The Movie Studio Reveals New Opportunities for Indie...
- Brighten Your Holidays With LED Lights
- Tell Congress to Protect Paper Investor Reports
- Climb Stairs Without Hurting Yourself
- Is Your Baby Ready for Chewing?
- Millennials Are Determined to Lessen Their Kids' College...
- Organizar Un Maratón De La Película Star...
- Know Your Drug Costs Before You Leave the Doctor's Office
- Shopping for a New Sofa? Keep These Design Tips in Mind