Bulls begin conference play against Pitt
After going 2-0 on the road last weekend, the USF womens soccer team returns home to begin Big East conference play.
The Bulls (4-3) host the Pittsburgh Panthers (5-4) on Sunday for a one-game home stand before going back on the road.
Coach Denise Schilte-Brown said the team is working on passing the ball and concentrating on its weak areas.
Were working on speed of play, Schilte-Brown said. Were trying to play a little bit quicker because it creates passes and moves the ball, then more things will shift and things will open up and thats what were doing against Pitt.
She also said the team has to be patient and wise when it comes to attacking the ball and waiting for the opportunity to score.
We have to stay focused on the goal and manage the game well, she said. And we have to recover from the weekend with a renewed sense because its a new start of a season.
With playing on the road for the past two weeks, junior forward Demi Stokes said the team is excited to be back in their beds and playing in front of their fans.
Its good to be on the road, but home is even better, Stokes said. We have a lot of support and good fans to give us energy.
Schilte-Brown said if the team tries to rush the ball, it would be tough to slow down the Panthers.
The Bulls are coming off of wins over College of Charleston and Kennesaw State, and the Panthers are coming off a loss against VCU. Before Pittsburgh travels to USF, it will take on Marquette on Friday.
The game begins at 1 p.m. at Corbett Soccer Stadium.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- SG presidential candidates face off
- Investigation request submitted regarding SG president
- SG presidential candidates prepare for first debate
- Court finds divestment referendum constitutional
- Counseling Center seeks to accommodate increasing need while fighting for...
- Bulls trail wire-to-wire in 20th straight loss against ranked opponents
- Two Bulls to put dreams to the test at NFL Combine
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protecting Seniors Online from Scams, Hacks and Tax Fraud
- Rehydrating for Optimal Health
- Five Reasons You Need Cell Phone Insurance Now
- The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
- Companies Are Discovering That Pittsburgh Is Good for...
- Millennials Go House Hunting, and Here's What They Crave
- Estate Plans: You're Not Doing Anyone a Favor by Avoiding...
- What Would You Have to Give Up to Pay for An Unexpected...
- Four Tips to Keep Your Kids' Teeth Healthy And Clean
- Local Community Newspapers Go Digital
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- N. American Effie Awards Announces 2017 Collegiate Effie Competition
- Students Increasingly Turn To GoFundMe To Pay For College
- O2 BARS: LATEST RAGE AT COLLEGE DE-STRESS, SOCIAL, & WELLNESS EVENTS
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- ESA Foundation launches 2017-18 Scholarship Program