Bulls begin conference play against Pitt
After going 2-0 on the road last weekend, the USF womens soccer team returns home to begin Big East conference play.
The Bulls (4-3) host the Pittsburgh Panthers (5-4) on Sunday for a one-game home stand before going back on the road.
Coach Denise Schilte-Brown said the team is working on passing the ball and concentrating on its weak areas.
Were working on speed of play, Schilte-Brown said. Were trying to play a little bit quicker because it creates passes and moves the ball, then more things will shift and things will open up and thats what were doing against Pitt.
She also said the team has to be patient and wise when it comes to attacking the ball and waiting for the opportunity to score.
We have to stay focused on the goal and manage the game well, she said. And we have to recover from the weekend with a renewed sense because its a new start of a season.
With playing on the road for the past two weeks, junior forward Demi Stokes said the team is excited to be back in their beds and playing in front of their fans.
Its good to be on the road, but home is even better, Stokes said. We have a lot of support and good fans to give us energy.
Schilte-Brown said if the team tries to rush the ball, it would be tough to slow down the Panthers.
The Bulls are coming off of wins over College of Charleston and Kennesaw State, and the Panthers are coming off a loss against VCU. Before Pittsburgh travels to USF, it will take on Marquette on Friday.
The game begins at 1 p.m. at Corbett Soccer Stadium.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care