Bulls begin conference play against Pitt
After going 2-0 on the road last weekend, the USF womens soccer team returns home to begin Big East conference play.
The Bulls (4-3) host the Pittsburgh Panthers (5-4) on Sunday for a one-game home stand before going back on the road.
Coach Denise Schilte-Brown said the team is working on passing the ball and concentrating on its weak areas.
Were working on speed of play, Schilte-Brown said. Were trying to play a little bit quicker because it creates passes and moves the ball, then more things will shift and things will open up and thats what were doing against Pitt.
She also said the team has to be patient and wise when it comes to attacking the ball and waiting for the opportunity to score.
We have to stay focused on the goal and manage the game well, she said. And we have to recover from the weekend with a renewed sense because its a new start of a season.
With playing on the road for the past two weeks, junior forward Demi Stokes said the team is excited to be back in their beds and playing in front of their fans.
Its good to be on the road, but home is even better, Stokes said. We have a lot of support and good fans to give us energy.
Schilte-Brown said if the team tries to rush the ball, it would be tough to slow down the Panthers.
The Bulls are coming off of wins over College of Charleston and Kennesaw State, and the Panthers are coming off a loss against VCU. Before Pittsburgh travels to USF, it will take on Marquette on Friday.
The game begins at 1 p.m. at Corbett Soccer Stadium.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- As USF football surges forward, winless UCF hobbles toward finish line
- USF men's basketball tops Albany for first win of season
- USF professor goes viral for comments on friend requests
- Tampa sees rise in income inequality
- Yogurt, the front-line defense against Type 1 diabetes?
- USF’s new policy not in employees’ best interest
- Open mic discusses impact of suicide
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The INs and OUTs of a Hospital Stay
- The Movie Studio Reveals New Opportunities for Indie...
- Brighten Your Holidays With LED Lights
- Tell Congress to Protect Paper Investor Reports
- Climb Stairs Without Hurting Yourself
- Is Your Baby Ready for Chewing?
- Millennials Are Determined to Lessen Their Kids' College...
- Organizar Un Maratón De La Película Star...
- Know Your Drug Costs Before You Leave the Doctor's Office
- Shopping for a New Sofa? Keep These Design Tips in Mind