Bonani named to Groza Award watch list
For the second consecutive season, a USF football player has earned preseason recognition. Kicker Maikon Bonani, the teams career leader in field goals, was one of 30 players across the nation named to the Lou Groza award watch list. The award is given to the best placekicker in college football.
Im really excited to have a guy with that experience and that mindset coming into the season, USF football coach Skip Holtz said in a press release. I couldnt be more excited about Bonani and his development.
Bonani has made 51 field goals in his USF career, surpassing the previous school record of 31 set by Santiago Gramatica. He enters his final season at USF as a preseason All-Big East first teamer, the second consecutive year hes been named to the preseason all-conference team.
Holtz hires two to staff
The USF football program will have two new faces in the 2012 season. Coach Skip Holtz added two new graduate assistants to his staff. Kurt von Bargen, former video coordinator and assistant director of football operations at Dartmouth, will be the defensive graduate assistant, and Chris Chestnut, who was the running backs coach for two seasons at Campbell, will work with the offense.
Eriksen, staff honored by NFCA
After a history-making season in 2012 that saw a run to the Womens College World Series, coach Ken Eriksen and his staff have been recognized for their accomplishments.
Eriksen, along with his assistant coaches Monica Triner and Stacey Heintz, volunteer coach Carmela Liwag and graduate assistant coach Kelly Confer were awarded the National Fastpitch Coaches Association Mideast Region Staff of the Year award.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Kheireddine and Kent officially sworn into office
- Accusations swirl as decision on student body president nears
- USF partners with company of Lightning owner Jeff Vinik
- Running back Darius Tice gets second chance
- Three predictions for USF football
- Bay Area joins international March for Science
- EDITORIAL: When can we expect a president?
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
- Why Yoga Relieves Stress, Improves Health and Balances...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum
- Dallas Regional Chamber Targets National Millennial Workforce with New Talent Attraction Campaign, Say Yes to Dallas