Artistil falls short of Olympic trial finals berth
After making a literal run to the U.S. Olympic trials semifinals over the weekend, USF track senior David Artistil fell short of competing in the finals for a spot on the U.S. Olympic team in London.
The hurdler finished in 10th place in the Olympic Outdoor Track and Field Trials with a time of 50.04 seconds in the 400-meter hurdles. He fell two spots short of a berth in the final round, as the top eight advanced.
David had a great experience out here in Eugene, running against the top 400-meter hurdlers in the country but just came up short, USF coach Warren Bye said in a press release. To finish 10th is a great accomplishment and hell not only grow from this meet, but be able to use it down the road as he continues to compete.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Cosplayers to suit up for Tampa Bay Comic Con
- Search continues for graves at Dozier
- USF Athletics: What you might have missed this summer
- Pujol represents Bulls in FIBA World Cup
- The health consequences of a night with Netflix
- Colleges should worry about losing funding over Title IX violations
- Renovations revitalize USF Bookstore
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Raising Autism Awareness for Better Lives
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?