Artistil falls short of Olympic trial finals berth
After making a literal run to the U.S. Olympic trials semifinals over the weekend, USF track senior David Artistil fell short of competing in the finals for a spot on the U.S. Olympic team in London.
The hurdler finished in 10th place in the Olympic Outdoor Track and Field Trials with a time of 50.04 seconds in the 400-meter hurdles. He fell two spots short of a berth in the final round, as the top eight advanced.
David had a great experience out here in Eugene, running against the top 400-meter hurdlers in the country but just came up short, USF coach Warren Bye said in a press release. To finish 10th is a great accomplishment and hell not only grow from this meet, but be able to use it down the road as he continues to compete.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
- What It Takes to Get One of the Most In-Demand Jobs
- Where Do Pests Lurk? The Rooms in Your Home That Pests...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge