Artistil falls short of Olympic trial finals berth
After making a literal run to the U.S. Olympic trials semifinals over the weekend, USF track senior David Artistil fell short of competing in the finals for a spot on the U.S. Olympic team in London.
The hurdler finished in 10th place in the Olympic Outdoor Track and Field Trials with a time of 50.04 seconds in the 400-meter hurdles. He fell two spots short of a berth in the final round, as the top eight advanced.
David had a great experience out here in Eugene, running against the top 400-meter hurdlers in the country but just came up short, USF coach Warren Bye said in a press release. To finish 10th is a great accomplishment and hell not only grow from this meet, but be able to use it down the road as he continues to compete.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
- 4 Basic Exercises to Help Older Adults Improve Strength...
- New Drug May Help Control the Spread of Cancer
- Thermal Imaging Camera Helps Find Hidden Damage in Your Home
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Safety App BlueLight Launches at 10 New Campuses for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!
- FARE's College Food Allergy Program Pilots in a Dozen Schools Nationwide
- HOTSHOT® HOT Canned Coffee gets a Jolt from Kickstarter