Artistil falls short of Olympic trial finals berth
After making a literal run to the U.S. Olympic trials semifinals over the weekend, USF track senior David Artistil fell short of competing in the finals for a spot on the U.S. Olympic team in London.
The hurdler finished in 10th place in the Olympic Outdoor Track and Field Trials with a time of 50.04 seconds in the 400-meter hurdles. He fell two spots short of a berth in the final round, as the top eight advanced.
David had a great experience out here in Eugene, running against the top 400-meter hurdlers in the country but just came up short, USF coach Warren Bye said in a press release. To finish 10th is a great accomplishment and hell not only grow from this meet, but be able to use it down the road as he continues to compete.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Alternative facts are blatant lies
- Strong makes late push to bolster 2017 class
- BOT looks to terminate four degree programs
- Report: USF eyes new deal to stay at Raymond James Stadium
- Women's marches capture the nation's attention
- Honors College to get new location
- New security system designed to keep threats out
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- A Yogi's Guide to Finding Joy in 2017
- Food, Fuel, and Finance ... The 3Fs of Economics
- Top Tips for Timely Performance Driving
- Wellness Program Rewards Healthy New Year's Goals
- New Medical Supplement Offers Advance in Bladder Control
- Get An Edge on College Prep Tests
- Noodles to the Rescue: Make Dinner In a Snap
- Student Athletes Emulate the Pros in Abusing Prescription...
- Specialized Firefighter Training Helps Save Farmers' Lives
- One New Year's Resolution You Don't Have to Keep to Be a...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College Students Head Back to Campus with Amazon Prime Student
- Phi Kappa Phi 2017 Award Programs Now Open
- MAX FROST RELEASES NEW VIDEO FOR INFECTIOUS TRACK "ADDERALL"
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates