Artistil falls short of Olympic trial finals berth
After making a literal run to the U.S. Olympic trials semifinals over the weekend, USF track senior David Artistil fell short of competing in the finals for a spot on the U.S. Olympic team in London.
The hurdler finished in 10th place in the Olympic Outdoor Track and Field Trials with a time of 50.04 seconds in the 400-meter hurdles. He fell two spots short of a berth in the final round, as the top eight advanced.
David had a great experience out here in Eugene, running against the top 400-meter hurdlers in the country but just came up short, USF coach Warren Bye said in a press release. To finish 10th is a great accomplishment and hell not only grow from this meet, but be able to use it down the road as he continues to compete.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Easy Ways to Make Your Media Space More Enjoyable
- Toques modernos a la celebración tradicional del...
- Which Home Upgrades Really Pay Off?
- Reverse Mortgages Can Be a Valuable Retirement Tool
- Family Friday Destination: Try This TV Trio
- A Life Half Full: Aging With Optimism
- Lights, Camera, Action -- Holiday Style
- Bates Family Grows as Daughters Become Moms
- Women Face Challenges When It Comes to Health Coverage
- Fitness Sauna Promotes Health and Profit for Small...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GoFundMe Awards $100,000 in Scholarships to 10 Promising Students
- Kaplan Survey: Law School Slump May be Over, but Recovery is Fragile
- CONFERENCE USA COLLEGE WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL AND MEN'S SOCCER COVERAGE ONLY ON beIN SPORTS
- Exclusive campus app bans professors and launches into 30 campuses!
- COLLEGE FOOTBALL CONTINUES THIS WEEKEND WITH FLORIDA ATLANTIC AT FIU - only on beIN SPORTS