Short-handed Bulls fall to Villanova
After a dismal performance at home against No. 24 Marquette, the USF mens basketball team was back on the road on Saturday in a rematch against Villanova.
Hoping to regroup from the loss and end their five-game losing streak, the Bulls (10-13, 1-10) continued to struggle in offense as they played without their leading scorer and rebounder Victor Rudd who sat out with a groin injury as the Wildcats (15-9, 6-5) defeated USF 68-40.
Freshmen guard JaVontae Hawkins was the only Bull in double figures with 13 points as USF shot 23 percent, 11-of-47 from the floor.
In the first half, the Bulls struggled to get their offense moving as the Wildcats defense held the Bulls to shooting 5-for-22 from the floor, 23 percent, and five turnovers while Villanova shot 13-for-20 from the floor, including a shot at the buzzer to give them a 39-16 lead at halftime.
Villanova continued their onslaught in the second half, leading by many as 34 points and holding the Bulls to their season low for field goals made (11) and season worst from the 3-point arc, shooting 1-for-17 from the floor, five percent.
Wildcats Darrun Hilliard led all scorers with 17 points and one steal.
The Bulls look to end their six-game losing streak, dropping 10 of their last 11 games, as they return home to take on Providence on Wednesday at 9 p.m. The game is the first of two consecutive home games.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- LED Technology Helping People See The World in a Whole...
- Ice Dams Put Homes at Risk for Termites
- 5 Tips to Having a Happy, Healthy Heart
- What Does Million in IRS Budget Cuts Mean for Taxpayers?
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor