Short-handed Bulls fall to Villanova
After a dismal performance at home against No. 24 Marquette, the USF mens basketball team was back on the road on Saturday in a rematch against Villanova.
Hoping to regroup from the loss and end their five-game losing streak, the Bulls (10-13, 1-10) continued to struggle in offense as they played without their leading scorer and rebounder Victor Rudd who sat out with a groin injury as the Wildcats (15-9, 6-5) defeated USF 68-40.
Freshmen guard JaVontae Hawkins was the only Bull in double figures with 13 points as USF shot 23 percent, 11-of-47 from the floor.
In the first half, the Bulls struggled to get their offense moving as the Wildcats defense held the Bulls to shooting 5-for-22 from the floor, 23 percent, and five turnovers while Villanova shot 13-for-20 from the floor, including a shot at the buzzer to give them a 39-16 lead at halftime.
Villanova continued their onslaught in the second half, leading by many as 34 points and holding the Bulls to their season low for field goals made (11) and season worst from the 3-point arc, shooting 1-for-17 from the floor, five percent.
Wildcats Darrun Hilliard led all scorers with 17 points and one steal.
The Bulls look to end their six-game losing streak, dropping 10 of their last 11 games, as they return home to take on Providence on Wednesday at 9 p.m. The game is the first of two consecutive home games.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Cosplayers to suit up for Tampa Bay Comic Con
- Search continues for graves at Dozier
- USF Athletics: What you might have missed this summer
- Pujol represents Bulls in FIBA World Cup
- The health consequences of a night with Netflix
- Colleges should worry about losing funding over Title IX violations
- Renovations revitalize USF Bookstore
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools
- Two Sides of Curb Appeal: Beauty and Performance