Short-handed Bulls fall to Villanova
After a dismal performance at home against No. 24 Marquette, the USF mens basketball team was back on the road on Saturday in a rematch against Villanova.
Hoping to regroup from the loss and end their five-game losing streak, the Bulls (10-13, 1-10) continued to struggle in offense as they played without their leading scorer and rebounder Victor Rudd who sat out with a groin injury as the Wildcats (15-9, 6-5) defeated USF 68-40.
Freshmen guard JaVontae Hawkins was the only Bull in double figures with 13 points as USF shot 23 percent, 11-of-47 from the floor.
In the first half, the Bulls struggled to get their offense moving as the Wildcats defense held the Bulls to shooting 5-for-22 from the floor, 23 percent, and five turnovers while Villanova shot 13-for-20 from the floor, including a shot at the buzzer to give them a 39-16 lead at halftime.
Villanova continued their onslaught in the second half, leading by many as 34 points and holding the Bulls to their season low for field goals made (11) and season worst from the 3-point arc, shooting 1-for-17 from the floor, five percent.
Wildcats Darrun Hilliard led all scorers with 17 points and one steal.
The Bulls look to end their six-game losing streak, dropping 10 of their last 11 games, as they return home to take on Providence on Wednesday at 9 p.m. The game is the first of two consecutive home games.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Lightning’s Student Rush program continues to grow
- A look at the 2016-17 A&S budget
- Path to preeminence prompts office integration
- It’s time colleges reform their application process
- Freshman pitcher finds his stride in the bullpen
- Rise and shine: The awakening of USF’s sleeping giant
- Bedbugs found in USF business classrooms
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 7 Questions to Ask Before Hiring Your Wedding Photographer
- Tips for Seniors Who Suffer From Muscle Aches and Pains
- A Safer Alternative to Opioids for Treating Chronic Pain
- A New Way to Deal With Dry Mouth
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Encourages Parents to Reclaim Family...
- Rolling Stones Exhibit Rocks Music Fans
- Enhance Your Summer Look With These Style Tips
- Hearing Loss Takes Center Stage With Free Test
- The Big Showdown Over Fingerprinting Uber and Lyft Drivers
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Course Hero Welcomes Dr. Arthur Levine to their Advisory Board
- LendEDU 2016 College Students and Personal Finance Study
- FINALS SUCK: JOLLY RANCHER CANDY EMBRACES THE LONGEST, SUCKIEST WEEK OF COLLEGE
- Facebook & America East To Keynote College Sports Summit, June 1-3, GA
- Sodexo Reveals The 20ish Under 20ish Hunger Squad For 2016