Sebelius visits CAMLS
U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius visited USF’s Center for Advanced Medical Learning and Simulation to meet with USF’s “navigators,” and promote the Affordable Care Act in Tampa.
The navigators, certified and licensed counselors, received a $4.2 million grant this summer to help people across Florida shop for and enroll in health insurance options, choosing from more than 100 programs.
Florida currently has the second highest uninsured population in the country.
According to an article on tampabay.com, USF currently has 25 certified navigators and has 89 more in training. So far, they have seen more than 100 people.
Sebelius, who made her second visit to the area since August, addressed concerns about healthcare.gov, which has had several technical glitches since its Oct. 1 launch date, and said the government is working to resolve issues with the site.
— Staff report
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family Fun: Indoor Trampoline Parks Grow by Leaps and Bounds
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists