Sebelius visits CAMLS
U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius visited USF’s Center for Advanced Medical Learning and Simulation to meet with USF’s “navigators,” and promote the Affordable Care Act in Tampa.
The navigators, certified and licensed counselors, received a $4.2 million grant this summer to help people across Florida shop for and enroll in health insurance options, choosing from more than 100 programs.
Florida currently has the second highest uninsured population in the country.
According to an article on tampabay.com, USF currently has 25 certified navigators and has 89 more in training. So far, they have seen more than 100 people.
Sebelius, who made her second visit to the area since August, addressed concerns about healthcare.gov, which has had several technical glitches since its Oct. 1 launch date, and said the government is working to resolve issues with the site.
— Staff report
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Busch Gardens lines up to be the latest hated theme park
- Rise and shine: The awakening of USF’s sleeping giant
- Lightning’s Student Rush program continues to grow
- A look at the 2016-17 A&S budget
- Path to preeminence prompts office integration
- It’s time colleges reform their application process
- Freshman pitcher finds his stride in the bullpen
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Get Involved in Preventing Mosquitoes
- Preparing 21st Century Enterprises for Success in the...
- 7 Questions to Ask Before Hiring Your Wedding Photographer
- Tips for Seniors Who Suffer From Muscle Aches and Pains
- A Safer Alternative to Opioids for Treating Chronic Pain
- How Brand Marketers Drive Lift in Loyalty, Reach
- A New Way to Deal With Dry Mouth
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Encourages Parents to Reclaim Family...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Course Hero Welcomes Dr. Arthur Levine to their Advisory Board
- LendEDU 2016 College Students and Personal Finance Study
- FINALS SUCK: JOLLY RANCHER CANDY EMBRACES THE LONGEST, SUCKIEST WEEK OF COLLEGE
- Facebook & America East To Keynote College Sports Summit, June 1-3, GA
- Sodexo Reveals The 20ish Under 20ish Hunger Squad For 2016