Sebelius visits CAMLS
U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius visited USF’s Center for Advanced Medical Learning and Simulation to meet with USF’s “navigators,” and promote the Affordable Care Act in Tampa.
The navigators, certified and licensed counselors, received a $4.2 million grant this summer to help people across Florida shop for and enroll in health insurance options, choosing from more than 100 programs.
Florida currently has the second highest uninsured population in the country.
According to an article on tampabay.com, USF currently has 25 certified navigators and has 89 more in training. So far, they have seen more than 100 people.
Sebelius, who made her second visit to the area since August, addressed concerns about healthcare.gov, which has had several technical glitches since its Oct. 1 launch date, and said the government is working to resolve issues with the site.
— Staff report
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- USF assistant coach resigns amid NCAA investigation
- UP arrests Clearwater man for sexual battery
- A student-driven upgrade: USF Health expands to better serve its students
- USF student interns in Florida Everglades
- Pokemon conquer campus: The new app “Pokemon Go” allows students to get act...
- We’ll always have Tampa: Tampa Theatre hosts Summer Classics Series
- O’Neal’s Olympic bid falls short
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Driver Safety: New Tips for Road Trips
- What to Ask About the Medicines You Take
- Summer Is the Perfect Time to Catch Up on Some Reading
- There's At Least One Thing Americans Are Satisfied With
- What to Look for in a New House This Home Buying Season
- Is Your Eye Makeup Making You Sick? What You Need to Know
- Biotech Companies Are Still the "It" Stock to Have in...
- Give Seniors a Lift With Household Chores
- On the Brink: Africa Viewed As Growth Target for Telecom
- Protect Your Family With Encryption
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Higher Education Goes Solar to Charge Mobile Devices
- Course Hero Beats Donation Goal for Books for Africa
- Course Hero Receives 2016 Top Workplace Award from Bay Area News Group
- Citavi Offers Summer Thesis-Writing Toolkit for Graduate Students
- Course Hero Welcomes Dr. Arthur Levine to their Advisory Board