Sebelius visits CAMLS
U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius visited USF’s Center for Advanced Medical Learning and Simulation to meet with USF’s “navigators,” and promote the Affordable Care Act in Tampa.
The navigators, certified and licensed counselors, received a $4.2 million grant this summer to help people across Florida shop for and enroll in health insurance options, choosing from more than 100 programs.
Florida currently has the second highest uninsured population in the country.
According to an article on tampabay.com, USF currently has 25 certified navigators and has 89 more in training. So far, they have seen more than 100 people.
Sebelius, who made her second visit to the area since August, addressed concerns about healthcare.gov, which has had several technical glitches since its Oct. 1 launch date, and said the government is working to resolve issues with the site.
— Staff report
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Cosplayers to suit up for Tampa Bay Comic Con
- Search continues for graves at Dozier
- USF Athletics: What you might have missed this summer
- Pujol represents Bulls in FIBA World Cup
- The health consequences of a night with Netflix
- Colleges should worry about losing funding over Title IX violations
- Renovations revitalize USF Bookstore
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Raising Autism Awareness for Better Lives
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?