Scott and Davis selected to Big East Honor Roll
USF's offensive performance Saturday set the all-time Big East record for most offensive yards gained, but it wasn't enough to land any Bulls the conference Player of the Week honors.
However, two players - running back Darrell Scott and wide receiver Andre Davis - were named to the conference Honor Roll on Monday.
Scott played his best collegiate game thus far in his third game back from sitting out a season due to NCAA transfer rules. At halftime of Saturday's Florida A&M game, Scott was both the Bulls' leading rusher and receiver. He accounted for rushing touchdowns of six, 56 and 30 yards. He also caught an 84-yard touchdown pass on a screen play.
Scott accounted for 230 total yards of offense in just over one half of play.
Joining Scott on the weekly honor roll is Davis, a true freshman, who recorded his first career catch and created two touchdowns against the Rattlers.
In the second quarter, Davis caught the ball on three consecutive plays, including a 27-yard touchdown grab. In the third quarter, he blocked a punt and returned it 11 yards into the end zone.
Earning the Big East Offensive Player of the Week award ahead of Scott and Davis was West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith, who went 36-for-49 for 388 yards in a win over Maryland.
The Big East Defensive Player of the Week award went to Louisville linebacker Dexter Heyman, who helped the Cardinals to a win over Kentucky with 12 tackles and a fumble recovery.
West Virginia kicker Tyler Bitancurt won Special Teams Player of the Week after going 3-for-3 on field goals and making all four extra point attempts.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...