Rocky still undefeated
Rocky the Bull (11-0) has continued to blast through competition in Capital One’s 2013 Mascot Challenge as the only unbeaten mascot this season.
After a 53 percent win over East Carolina’s PeeDee the Pirate in Week 8, Rocky took down Wilbur T. Wildcat from Arizona with 82 percent of the vote. Rocky then stacked another 80-plus percent victory with 86 percent of the vote against Monte from the University of Montana.
USF football coach Willie Taggart’s former school, Western Kentucky University, didn’t escape Rocky’s winning streak either. Big Red made it interesting, but it wasn’t enough, as Rocky took 60 percent of the vote last week.
Rocky continues to dominate this week, collecting 61 percent of the vote against Smokey from Tennessee at time of print.
The Mascot Challenge is a series of matchups of university mascots, where each round is decided by popular vote and social-media usage among fans. Last year’s winner, Raider Red from Texas Tech, received a $20,000 grant from Capital One.
If Rocky continues the trend through the week, he’ll head into the final week of the regular season with a chance to go undefeated before playoff competition. Rocky has a two-game lead in the Mascot Challenge standings. His closest competitor is Sparty from Michigan State, who Rocky edged out with 52 percent of the vote in Week 1.
— Staff report
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Student Affairs reorganizes Green Energy Fund
- USF World to recognize global efforts in campus community
- Student group demands CWY name change
- Big Sean tickets still up for grabs
- Ghosting: Breaking up by shutting out
- Willie Taggart rightfully accepts blame for USF’s latest second-half...
- Enough is enough: Stricter gun laws needed to end shootings
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Clues in the Attic: Pre-Winter Roof Checkups Made Easy
- Feeding Your Joints to Stay on the Move
- High Tech Pearls Are Captivating the Younger Jewelry...
- Making Halloween a Treat For Parents As Well As Kids
- Career in Sales Can Satisfy an Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Lighting Tips for Your Media Room
- The High Price of Health Care Illiteracy
- More Americans Choose Chiropractic Care: Gallup
- Is the Controversy Around Carrageenan Warranted?
- Limited Space, Big Love: Solutions for Cat Lovers in...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Event: Panel Discussion for Student Media
- All-New National Student Day Contest Opens Today
- Calling All College Football Fans: Samsung Milk Music Now Live Streaming Home and Away Feeds of NCAA Football Games
- Golden Door Scholars Expands Reach of College Scholarship Program for High-Performing Undocumented Students
- INTRODUCING: PAY YOUR SELFIE™, THE FIRST APP THAT PAYS CASH TO ANYONE FOR SELFIES