Rocky still undefeated
Rocky the Bull (11-0) has continued to blast through competition in Capital One’s 2013 Mascot Challenge as the only unbeaten mascot this season.
After a 53 percent win over East Carolina’s PeeDee the Pirate in Week 8, Rocky took down Wilbur T. Wildcat from Arizona with 82 percent of the vote. Rocky then stacked another 80-plus percent victory with 86 percent of the vote against Monte from the University of Montana.
USF football coach Willie Taggart’s former school, Western Kentucky University, didn’t escape Rocky’s winning streak either. Big Red made it interesting, but it wasn’t enough, as Rocky took 60 percent of the vote last week.
Rocky continues to dominate this week, collecting 61 percent of the vote against Smokey from Tennessee at time of print.
The Mascot Challenge is a series of matchups of university mascots, where each round is decided by popular vote and social-media usage among fans. Last year’s winner, Raider Red from Texas Tech, received a $20,000 grant from Capital One.
If Rocky continues the trend through the week, he’ll head into the final week of the regular season with a chance to go undefeated before playoff competition. Rocky has a two-game lead in the Mascot Challenge standings. His closest competitor is Sparty from Michigan State, who Rocky edged out with 52 percent of the vote in Week 1.
— Staff report
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Students warned not to sign up for GetStudyRoom.com
- Despite losing record, Bulls sets sights on conference title
- Z Baked provides warm cookies on demand
- Addicted to Apple: a dire diagnosis for millennials
- USF partners with World Health Organization
- Speaker sees astronomy through historical lens
- Bulls aim to bounce back on homestand
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership