Rocky still undefeated
Rocky the Bull (11-0) has continued to blast through competition in Capital One’s 2013 Mascot Challenge as the only unbeaten mascot this season.
After a 53 percent win over East Carolina’s PeeDee the Pirate in Week 8, Rocky took down Wilbur T. Wildcat from Arizona with 82 percent of the vote. Rocky then stacked another 80-plus percent victory with 86 percent of the vote against Monte from the University of Montana.
USF football coach Willie Taggart’s former school, Western Kentucky University, didn’t escape Rocky’s winning streak either. Big Red made it interesting, but it wasn’t enough, as Rocky took 60 percent of the vote last week.
Rocky continues to dominate this week, collecting 61 percent of the vote against Smokey from Tennessee at time of print.
The Mascot Challenge is a series of matchups of university mascots, where each round is decided by popular vote and social-media usage among fans. Last year’s winner, Raider Red from Texas Tech, received a $20,000 grant from Capital One.
If Rocky continues the trend through the week, he’ll head into the final week of the regular season with a chance to go undefeated before playoff competition. Rocky has a two-game lead in the Mascot Challenge standings. His closest competitor is Sparty from Michigan State, who Rocky edged out with 52 percent of the vote in Week 1.
— Staff report
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- This Year, Make a Goal to Contribute More to Your 401(k)
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
- 3 Things to Know Before Ride-Booking a Car
- For Advanced Heart Failure Patients, There Is Hope
- Bringing Chiropractic to the Little League
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- First Lady Michelle Obama and the Peace Corps Join Together to Expand Girls' Education
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel
- Visit Virtual Study Abroad Fair on February 25 to explore study abroad options and win prizes