Rape reported in Holly G residence hall
A female student was reportedly raped in the Holly G Residence hall early Sunday morning.
University Police spokeswoman Lt. Charlotte Domingo said UP received the report of the incident on Monday evening, and that the parties involved were acquainted.
This is the second incident of rape that has been reported to UP in 2013. UP received five reports of rape in 2012.
The case, along with a case reported a little more than a week ago of a male victim who was raped in a Marshall Student Center restroom and a case reported in September of a victim who was raped in Kappa Hall, remain under active investigation,
A case reported in Epsilon Hall in October was deemed by the State Attorneys Office to have insufficient evidence to pursue prosecution and has thus closed.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Building a Better Bridge From Hospital to Home Health Care
- 8 Tips to Selecting Colors for Your Home's Exterior
- This Year, Make a Goal to Contribute More to Your 401(k)
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
- 3 Things to Know Before Ride-Booking a Car
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- First Lady Michelle Obama and the Peace Corps Join Together to Expand Girls' Education
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel
- Visit Virtual Study Abroad Fair on February 25 to explore study abroad options and win prizes