No change should be expected from new Chinese government
As the U.S. recovers from an intense election season, the Communist Party of China is set to unveil Chinas new leadership committee today.
While no transfer of power happened in the U.S. presidential election, even less change can be expected from the new Chinese leadership.
Though the Communist Party of China has made some strides to provide for its 1.3 billion citizens, the new Central Committee has no plans to lessen the governments oppressive control over Chinese civilization.
Because all of Chinas government proceedings are held behind closed doors, there is no knowledge of the new administrations plans regarding Chinas relationship with the U.S.
The Chinese government elects its leaders in a manner that is in no way analogous to Americas system.
Chinas National Peoples Congress elects who they feel should hold various positions, including the presidency, in the nations supreme committee. When president Hu Jintao closed the 18th National Peoples Congress yesterday, it started his gradual transfer of power that will continue over the next couple of months until Vice President Xi Jinping replaces him in March. The positions are awarded based primarily on seniority but no transfer of power in this manner has proceeded without the dismay of the Chinese population.
Chinas government has made it abundantly clear that there are no plans to liberalize any aspect of their control over the Chinese population despite the trend of democratization. It is frightening to know that the most populous country in the world is being deprived of the right to control how they are governed and the
decisions of how they live are being decided for them.
While it is a common misconception that America owes China $16 trillion, the number is really around $1 trillion the debt is actually in the form of National Treasury Securities.
While China does own more treasury securities than any other country, it does not mean that the Chinese government is going to come over and try to break our thumbs like an enraged loan shark.
However, the secretive nature of the Chinese government makes it a challenging relationship to predict and strategize with or against. It is uncertain how long it will take for America to know how Xi and the new administration aim to govern China.
It goes without saying that America needs to keep as many peaceful allies as it can. It is unfortunate that China is run with such a stern resentment toward democracy. All we can do is hope that years of discontent from the Chinese population will force the Communist Party to re-evaluate its suppressive ways.
If there were any upside to a Communist party like that in China, it would have to be that there are no pesky campaign ads or antagonizing super PACs.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Author Yaa Gyasi shares her method of writing
- St. Pete Police looking for men alleged to have punched USF student
- USF hosts third annual Sports and Entertainment Analytics Conference
- USF baseball’s streak falls one short of record
- ‘Challenge of the perception’
- Local pub crawl mixes business and pleasure
- City needs to rethink answer to helping homeless
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
- Entrepreneurs Provide TIPS! Monthly Yield Now Makes Sense
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards
- Investor Bitcoin Investment Plans Guarantee Zero Losses