No change should be expected from new Chinese government
As the U.S. recovers from an intense election season, the Communist Party of China is set to unveil Chinas new leadership committee today.
While no transfer of power happened in the U.S. presidential election, even less change can be expected from the new Chinese leadership.
Though the Communist Party of China has made some strides to provide for its 1.3 billion citizens, the new Central Committee has no plans to lessen the governments oppressive control over Chinese civilization.
Because all of Chinas government proceedings are held behind closed doors, there is no knowledge of the new administrations plans regarding Chinas relationship with the U.S.
The Chinese government elects its leaders in a manner that is in no way analogous to Americas system.
Chinas National Peoples Congress elects who they feel should hold various positions, including the presidency, in the nations supreme committee. When president Hu Jintao closed the 18th National Peoples Congress yesterday, it started his gradual transfer of power that will continue over the next couple of months until Vice President Xi Jinping replaces him in March. The positions are awarded based primarily on seniority but no transfer of power in this manner has proceeded without the dismay of the Chinese population.
Chinas government has made it abundantly clear that there are no plans to liberalize any aspect of their control over the Chinese population despite the trend of democratization. It is frightening to know that the most populous country in the world is being deprived of the right to control how they are governed and the
decisions of how they live are being decided for them.
While it is a common misconception that America owes China $16 trillion, the number is really around $1 trillion the debt is actually in the form of National Treasury Securities.
While China does own more treasury securities than any other country, it does not mean that the Chinese government is going to come over and try to break our thumbs like an enraged loan shark.
However, the secretive nature of the Chinese government makes it a challenging relationship to predict and strategize with or against. It is uncertain how long it will take for America to know how Xi and the new administration aim to govern China.
It goes without saying that America needs to keep as many peaceful allies as it can. It is unfortunate that China is run with such a stern resentment toward democracy. All we can do is hope that years of discontent from the Chinese population will force the Communist Party to re-evaluate its suppressive ways.
If there were any upside to a Communist party like that in China, it would have to be that there are no pesky campaign ads or antagonizing super PACs.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Students warned not to sign up for GetStudyRoom.com
- Despite losing record, Bulls sets sights on conference title
- Z Baked provides warm cookies on demand
- Addicted to Apple: a dire diagnosis for millennials
- USF partners with World Health Organization
- Speaker sees astronomy through historical lens
- Bulls aim to bounce back on homestand
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses