No. 22 UConn comes to Corbett Stadium
USF men’s soccer will take on a familiar foe this weekend from the now-defunct Big East Conference, as both schools transition into the first year of the American Athletic Conference .
The No. 22 Connecticut Huskies (3-2-1) come to Corbett Soccer Stadium for the Bulls’ (2-1-3) AAC home opener.
The Bulls are winless in eight matches against the Huskies with a 0-8-0 record, but the relationship with Connecticut runs deeper.
USF head coach George Kiefer was an assistant from 1997-2001 at Connecticut, where he won a national championship in 2000 with USF’s current assistant coach Bryheem Hancock, then the Husky goalkeeper.
Connecticut is USF’s first ranked opponent of the year and was picked to win the AAC in the preseason coaches poll. USF was projected for third place.
The Bulls have gotten high recongnition in the ACC behind the net however.
After starting the season with junior Dallas Jaye in goal, senior Brentton Muhammad has taken over in goal, starting five consecutive games.
Muhammad was named to the AAC weekly honor roll along with junior forward Kennedy Selorm Adablah and senior defender Ricardo Webb after a tie at South Carolina and a win over Kentucky.
Adablah leads the Bulls with two goals on 10 shots. Though Connecticut has one more win than USF, Connecticut has scored four goals in six games while USF has scored seven goals in six games.
USF will have to continue that offense to win Friday at 7:30 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- SG president still has shot at BOT seat
- Kheireddine hopes past connections help future goals
- Bulls lose Merrell and McClanahan, win series at Memphis
- Men’s and women’s tennis win AAC titles, clinch NCAA Tournament berth
- Despite common belief, Florida trails far from flat
- March for Science: We’re not going away
- Kheireddine and Kent officially sworn into office
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
- Why Yoga Relieves Stress, Improves Health and Balances...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum
- Dallas Regional Chamber Targets National Millennial Workforce with New Talent Attraction Campaign, Say Yes to Dallas