No. 22 UConn comes to Corbett Stadium
USF men’s soccer will take on a familiar foe this weekend from the now-defunct Big East Conference, as both schools transition into the first year of the American Athletic Conference .
The No. 22 Connecticut Huskies (3-2-1) come to Corbett Soccer Stadium for the Bulls’ (2-1-3) AAC home opener.
The Bulls are winless in eight matches against the Huskies with a 0-8-0 record, but the relationship with Connecticut runs deeper.
USF head coach George Kiefer was an assistant from 1997-2001 at Connecticut, where he won a national championship in 2000 with USF’s current assistant coach Bryheem Hancock, then the Husky goalkeeper.
Connecticut is USF’s first ranked opponent of the year and was picked to win the AAC in the preseason coaches poll. USF was projected for third place.
The Bulls have gotten high recongnition in the ACC behind the net however.
After starting the season with junior Dallas Jaye in goal, senior Brentton Muhammad has taken over in goal, starting five consecutive games.
Muhammad was named to the AAC weekly honor roll along with junior forward Kennedy Selorm Adablah and senior defender Ricardo Webb after a tie at South Carolina and a win over Kentucky.
Adablah leads the Bulls with two goals on 10 shots. Though Connecticut has one more win than USF, Connecticut has scored four goals in six games while USF has scored seven goals in six games.
USF will have to continue that offense to win Friday at 7:30 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Park on Collins renamed for USF "founding father" John F. Germany
- $10.85M donation to rename Collier Student Success Center in Muma College of...
- Big names announced for ULS, Frontier Forum, Homecoming
- USF volleyball earns pair of wins at FIU Panther Challenge
- USF men's soccer rolls past Missouri State in opener
- USF women's soccer blanks LIU, Mississippi State
- Letter to the Editor: Planned Parenthood
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Don't Miss a Beat: Tips for Enjoying a Live Concert
- Tips to Enjoy Pest-Free Camping This Summer
- Los Hispanos Predominan En El Mercado De Regreso a Clases...
- Chiropractors Offer Advice to Those With Diabetes
- Waste and Recycling Jobs: Opportunities Are Plentiful
- Landfills: An Unexpected Source of Renewable Energy
- The Best Accessories are Easy, Convenient and Portable
- The Latest Buzz Phrase in Health Care
- Content Agency Promises the Best Bang for Your...
- The Best Accessories for Going Swimming