No. 22 UConn comes to Corbett Stadium
USF men’s soccer will take on a familiar foe this weekend from the now-defunct Big East Conference, as both schools transition into the first year of the American Athletic Conference .
The No. 22 Connecticut Huskies (3-2-1) come to Corbett Soccer Stadium for the Bulls’ (2-1-3) AAC home opener.
The Bulls are winless in eight matches against the Huskies with a 0-8-0 record, but the relationship with Connecticut runs deeper.
USF head coach George Kiefer was an assistant from 1997-2001 at Connecticut, where he won a national championship in 2000 with USF’s current assistant coach Bryheem Hancock, then the Husky goalkeeper.
Connecticut is USF’s first ranked opponent of the year and was picked to win the AAC in the preseason coaches poll. USF was projected for third place.
The Bulls have gotten high recongnition in the ACC behind the net however.
After starting the season with junior Dallas Jaye in goal, senior Brentton Muhammad has taken over in goal, starting five consecutive games.
Muhammad was named to the AAC weekly honor roll along with junior forward Kennedy Selorm Adablah and senior defender Ricardo Webb after a tie at South Carolina and a win over Kentucky.
Adablah leads the Bulls with two goals on 10 shots. Though Connecticut has one more win than USF, Connecticut has scored four goals in six games while USF has scored seven goals in six games.
USF will have to continue that offense to win Friday at 7:30 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Valdes takes the mound against former team as Bulls travel to play No. 5 FSU
- Lack of depth to blame for late-season slump
- On-campus Publix sees delays
- Humans meet zombies in campus-wide game of tag
- New bill could ease USF closer to pre-eminent status
- SG Supreme Court divided on referendum decision
- Keeping up the Mojo
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protecting Seniors Online from Scams, Hacks and Tax Fraud
- Rehydrating for Optimal Health
- Five Reasons You Need Cell Phone Insurance Now
- The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
- Companies Are Discovering That Pittsburgh Is Good for...
- Millennials Go House Hunting, and Here's What They Crave
- Estate Plans: You're Not Doing Anyone a Favor by Avoiding...
- What Would You Have to Give Up to Pay for An Unexpected...
- Four Tips to Keep Your Kids' Teeth Healthy And Clean
- Local Community Newspapers Go Digital
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- N. American Effie Awards Announces 2017 Collegiate Effie Competition
- Students Increasingly Turn To GoFundMe To Pay For College
- O2 BARS: LATEST RAGE AT COLLEGE DE-STRESS, SOCIAL, & WELLNESS EVENTS
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- ESA Foundation launches 2017-18 Scholarship Program