Ron Paul to rally in Sun Dome
With the Republican National Convention (RNC) coming to the Tampa Bay Times Forum in August, one Republican presidential candidate plans on making a stop on campus to rally with supporters.
Ron Paul, R-Texas, and his campaign will host a free rally Aug. 26 at the USF Sun Dome, which seats 11,000. Doors will open at 11 a.m and the rally will take place from noon to 5 p.m. The event is one day before the RNC.
In a video posted to his campaign website, RonPaul2012.com, Paul said the purpose of the rally is to celebrate and urge on those delegates who will be supporting Pauls libertarian values at the RNC. He said he expects thousands of supporters.
(We) will celebrate all we have done and urge on all the delegates who will do their job at the convention, fight for our values, influence the platform and do whatever we can to support the cause of liberty, Paul said.
University Police (UP) spokesman Lt. Chris Daniel said UP will meet prior to the rally to minimize traffic and maintain safety.
We only learned of it early in the week, so we havent gotten together as a staff yet, Daniel said. (But) we will make sure the interest of the university is taken care of.
A Sun Dome press release issued Friday said inquiries can be directed to Sun Dome staff at 813-974-3111 or by visiting SunDomeArena.com.
-Staff report by Jessica Velez
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Firefighter Battles Flames and Cancer
- Winter Is Coming: Is Your Fuel Ready?
- Could The Movie Studio be the Next Heavy Hitter?
- Can Insurance Companies Adapt to Today's Fast-Paced...
- Help Fund Your Favorite School Cause One Apple at a Time
- New TIPS Program Focuses on Preventing Youth Sports Injuries
- Don't Let Spooky Pests Haunt Your Home This Fall
- Weight Loss Procedure Hits a Nerve -- Literally
- Clues in the Attic: Pre-Winter Roof Checkups Made Easy
- Feeding Your Joints to Stay on the Move