Applications due Feb. 1 for Student Government
Applications for student body president and other Student Government positions are due by email to Election Rules Committee (ERC) Supervisor Karim Hussein by Feb. 1.
Candidates must have at least a 2.0 grade point average, be enrolled in at least six undergraduate credits or four graduate credits and attend a candidate information session. Current student body presidents and vice presidents are authorized to earn $10.25 per hour for 39 hours a week.
Hussein said the ERC expects to see between six to seven applicants for student body president and vice president and about 100 for SG Senate seats.
Once the ERC approves candidates, they will be able to campaign after Feb. 11. Elections will take place between Feb. 25 and
Hussein said he hopes to see a large voter turnout this year. Last year, 7,231 students voted in the student body presidential election and 3,072 voted in the runoff election.
The (money) that student government handles, thats pretty much (students) money, Hussein said. So if they want to have a voice, then they should really vote.
Applications due: Feb. 1
ERC candidate confirmation: Feb. 3 - Feb.10
Election campaigning: Feb. 11 - Feb.28
Elections: Feb. 25 - Feb.28
Run-off elections (if necessary): March 3 - March 5
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Rise and shine: The awakening of USF’s sleeping giant
- Lightning’s Student Rush program continues to grow
- A look at the 2016-17 A&S budget
- Path to preeminence prompts office integration
- It’s time colleges reform their application process
- Freshman pitcher finds his stride in the bullpen
- Bedbugs found in USF business classrooms
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Get Involved in Preventing Mosquitoes
- Preparing 21st Century Enterprises for Success in the...
- 7 Questions to Ask Before Hiring Your Wedding Photographer
- Tips for Seniors Who Suffer From Muscle Aches and Pains
- A Safer Alternative to Opioids for Treating Chronic Pain
- How Brand Marketers Drive Lift in Loyalty, Reach
- A New Way to Deal With Dry Mouth
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Encourages Parents to Reclaim Family...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Course Hero Welcomes Dr. Arthur Levine to their Advisory Board
- LendEDU 2016 College Students and Personal Finance Study
- FINALS SUCK: JOLLY RANCHER CANDY EMBRACES THE LONGEST, SUCKIEST WEEK OF COLLEGE
- Facebook & America East To Keynote College Sports Summit, June 1-3, GA
- Sodexo Reveals The 20ish Under 20ish Hunger Squad For 2016