Applications due Feb. 1 for Student Government
Applications for student body president and other Student Government positions are due by email to Election Rules Committee (ERC) Supervisor Karim Hussein by Feb. 1.
Candidates must have at least a 2.0 grade point average, be enrolled in at least six undergraduate credits or four graduate credits and attend a candidate information session. Current student body presidents and vice presidents are authorized to earn $10.25 per hour for 39 hours a week.
Hussein said the ERC expects to see between six to seven applicants for student body president and vice president and about 100 for SG Senate seats.
Once the ERC approves candidates, they will be able to campaign after Feb. 11. Elections will take place between Feb. 25 and
Hussein said he hopes to see a large voter turnout this year. Last year, 7,231 students voted in the student body presidential election and 3,072 voted in the runoff election.
The (money) that student government handles, thats pretty much (students) money, Hussein said. So if they want to have a voice, then they should really vote.
Applications due: Feb. 1
ERC candidate confirmation: Feb. 3 - Feb.10
Election campaigning: Feb. 11 - Feb.28
Elections: Feb. 25 - Feb.28
Run-off elections (if necessary): March 3 - March 5
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Art exhibit merges old and new
- USF under federal investigation, accused of mishandling sexual assault case
- Employers search for enthusiastic Bulls
- USF and MOSI join hands in science
- USF prepares for SMU rematch without Perry
- Holston defies doubters to reach D-I
- USF’s Mock Trial turns classroom into courtroom
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
- With Help From Chile, Blueberries Stay Fresh All Winter
- Small Fixtures Make a Big Design Impact