Applications due Feb. 1 for Student Government
Applications for student body president and other Student Government positions are due by email to Election Rules Committee (ERC) Supervisor Karim Hussein by Feb. 1.
Candidates must have at least a 2.0 grade point average, be enrolled in at least six undergraduate credits or four graduate credits and attend a candidate information session. Current student body presidents and vice presidents are authorized to earn $10.25 per hour for 39 hours a week.
Hussein said the ERC expects to see between six to seven applicants for student body president and vice president and about 100 for SG Senate seats.
Once the ERC approves candidates, they will be able to campaign after Feb. 11. Elections will take place between Feb. 25 and
Hussein said he hopes to see a large voter turnout this year. Last year, 7,231 students voted in the student body presidential election and 3,072 voted in the runoff election.
The (money) that student government handles, thats pretty much (students) money, Hussein said. So if they want to have a voice, then they should really vote.
Applications due: Feb. 1
ERC candidate confirmation: Feb. 3 - Feb.10
Election campaigning: Feb. 11 - Feb.28
Elections: Feb. 25 - Feb.28
Run-off elections (if necessary): March 3 - March 5
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Winning streak extends to 19 with 7-3 win over UNF
- Mack, Adams run limited drills at USF's Pro Day
- Yaa Gyasi lecture rescheduled for tonight
- Walk Like MADD 5k a celebration of life
- Budget blueprint a dangerous negotiation
- USF football's offense going up-tempo under Strong
- CLCE to use simulation to teach students about refugee experiences
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
- Entrepreneurs Provide TIPS! Monthly Yield Now Makes Sense
- Amid Opioid Abuse Crisis, Back Pain Sufferers Look to...
- How an Ex-College Athlete Survived His Use of...
- Frustrated Seniors Are Often Served Meals They Dislike Or...
- Help Protect The Young Adult Lifestyle
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards
- Investor Bitcoin Investment Plans Guarantee Zero Losses
- New App Promises to Revolutionize the Way We Experience Video