Applications due Feb. 1 for Student Government
Applications for student body president and other Student Government positions are due by email to Election Rules Committee (ERC) Supervisor Karim Hussein by Feb. 1.
Candidates must have at least a 2.0 grade point average, be enrolled in at least six undergraduate credits or four graduate credits and attend a candidate information session. Current student body presidents and vice presidents are authorized to earn $10.25 per hour for 39 hours a week.
Hussein said the ERC expects to see between six to seven applicants for student body president and vice president and about 100 for SG Senate seats.
Once the ERC approves candidates, they will be able to campaign after Feb. 11. Elections will take place between Feb. 25 and
Hussein said he hopes to see a large voter turnout this year. Last year, 7,231 students voted in the student body presidential election and 3,072 voted in the runoff election.
The (money) that student government handles, thats pretty much (students) money, Hussein said. So if they want to have a voice, then they should really vote.
Applications due: Feb. 1
ERC candidate confirmation: Feb. 3 - Feb.10
Election campaigning: Feb. 11 - Feb.28
Elections: Feb. 25 - Feb.28
Run-off elections (if necessary): March 3 - March 5
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Trump to hold rally at Sun Dome
- Fun sailing with Gasparilla continues until April
- SG Senate approves divestment again
- USF takes stance against biased speech
- USF research team witnesses historic eruption
- USF totals 18 signees on National Signing Day
- USF's Courtney Williams eclipses 2,000 career points in win
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 2016 Resolutions: Time for an Update?
- GlobalGiving and Athletic Tips Partner to Help Keep Young...
- Share Your Love This Valentine's Day
- From Bratty to Bearable, Global Nanny Jo Frost Tackles...
- Fibromyalgia: The Disease Whose Exact Cause Remains Unknown
- Beware Scourge Pricing When Using Apps Like Uber
- How Safe Is Your Child's Bedroom?
- Is Your Smile Unforgettable?
- Gallup Report Shows More Americans Favor Chiropractic Care
- Reading Program Is 'Changing Lives One Student at a Time'