Applications due Feb. 1 for Student Government
Applications for student body president and other Student Government positions are due by email to Election Rules Committee (ERC) Supervisor Karim Hussein by Feb. 1.
Candidates must have at least a 2.0 grade point average, be enrolled in at least six undergraduate credits or four graduate credits and attend a candidate information session. Current student body presidents and vice presidents are authorized to earn $10.25 per hour for 39 hours a week.
Hussein said the ERC expects to see between six to seven applicants for student body president and vice president and about 100 for SG Senate seats.
Once the ERC approves candidates, they will be able to campaign after Feb. 11. Elections will take place between Feb. 25 and
Hussein said he hopes to see a large voter turnout this year. Last year, 7,231 students voted in the student body presidential election and 3,072 voted in the runoff election.
The (money) that student government handles, thats pretty much (students) money, Hussein said. So if they want to have a voice, then they should really vote.
Applications due: Feb. 1
ERC candidate confirmation: Feb. 3 - Feb.10
Election campaigning: Feb. 11 - Feb.28
Elections: Feb. 25 - Feb.28
Run-off elections (if necessary): March 3 - March 5
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Tampa continues to tackle public transportation issue
- Oracle sports staff tackles NFL mock drafts
- Men's golf conference champs for third straight year
- SG plans scream event to help relieve stress before finals
- USF baseball's biggest enemy: its own schedule
- Dismissed Duke players land at USF
- Philosopher discusses safe education and a polarized country
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Streaming Content Box Cuts Your Cable and Costs
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- American U. professor predicts Trump will be impeached in new book
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum