Men's soccer team looks for new talent
Mens soccer tryouts are set for Feb. 4 at 2 p.m. on USFs training field.
The Bulls are looking for new talent on the field to add to a team that made six straight trips to the National CollegiateAthletic Association (NCAA) tournament.
Last season, USF opened as the No. 5 ranked team in the nation. The Bulls went as high as second in the nation but eventually dropped to No. 17 in the 11th game of the season after a road loss to Villanova.
While they were out of the rankings after a draw with Rutgers at home, making the third consecutive draw on the season, the Bulls still managed to pick things up by the end of the regular season.
After a loss on the road in the regular season and missing out on the Big East tournament, many thought the Bulls were done for the year.
USFs record of (8-6-5, 2-3-3) allowed the Bulls to host Florida Gulf Coast in the first round of the NCAA tournament that
ended with the Bulls winning in penalty kicks 5-3, advancing to host Tulsa where USFs season officially ended.
With the offseason approaching, USF will look to improve on last seasons performance by adding new faces.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Kheireddine and Kent officially sworn into office
- Accusations swirl as decision on student body president nears
- USF partners with company of Lightning owner Jeff Vinik
- Running back Darius Tice gets second chance
- Three predictions for USF football
- Bay Area joins international March for Science
- EDITORIAL: When can we expect a president?
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
- Why Yoga Relieves Stress, Improves Health and Balances...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum
- Dallas Regional Chamber Targets National Millennial Workforce with New Talent Attraction Campaign, Say Yes to Dallas