Men's soccer team looks for new talent
Mens soccer tryouts are set for Feb. 4 at 2 p.m. on USFs training field.
The Bulls are looking for new talent on the field to add to a team that made six straight trips to the National CollegiateAthletic Association (NCAA) tournament.
Last season, USF opened as the No. 5 ranked team in the nation. The Bulls went as high as second in the nation but eventually dropped to No. 17 in the 11th game of the season after a road loss to Villanova.
While they were out of the rankings after a draw with Rutgers at home, making the third consecutive draw on the season, the Bulls still managed to pick things up by the end of the regular season.
After a loss on the road in the regular season and missing out on the Big East tournament, many thought the Bulls were done for the year.
USFs record of (8-6-5, 2-3-3) allowed the Bulls to host Florida Gulf Coast in the first round of the NCAA tournament that
ended with the Bulls winning in penalty kicks 5-3, advancing to host Tulsa where USFs season officially ended.
With the offseason approaching, USF will look to improve on last seasons performance by adding new faces.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Weist named interim coach as USF begins search for replacement
- For USF football, losing Willie Taggart hits hard
- Bucs' Winston, USF players react to Taggart's departure
- Taggart leaving USF for Oregon coaching job
- Quinton Flowers wins AAC Offensive Player of the Year
- BOT formally approves Genshaft bonus
- Top 10 moments of the fall semester
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Yes, Olivia, There Is a Santa, and He's Calling You
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities