Letter to the Editor: Trustee criticizes USF football
I read Board of Trustees (BOT) Chairman John Ramils response last week to the latest football loss and came away surprised. Surprised because football losses are considered disgusting and unacceptable. We are all frustrated by the outcome of this season so far, but is this the biggest issue facing USF?
You know what is disgusting and unacceptable? The fact that there have been two reported rapes on campus this year, the fact that tuition has seen double-digit increases for the last several years, the fact that only 52 percent of USF students graduate in six years, the fact that private concerts at the Sun Dome take priority over student and faculty parking, and I could go on.
USF has progressed tremendously in the last several years, and the BOT is to be commended for that. But if we saw the same kind of passion and strong disappointment expressed by the BOT members toward USFs other shortfalls, there would be a much stronger push to improve this university and we would be much better off football and otherwise.
Toby Thomson is a senior majoring in biology.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Beat the Crowds: Visit Europe During the Shoulder Seasons
- Building a Better Bridge From Hospital to Home Health Care
- 8 Tips to Selecting Colors for Your Home's Exterior
- This Year, Make a Goal to Contribute More to Your 401(k)
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Rescue your Spring Break with new app dubbed the "Uber of Roadside Assistance"
- First Lady Michelle Obama and the Peace Corps Join Together to Expand Girls' Education
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel