Letter to the Editor: Pres. Candidates on Climate Change
Scientist Michio Kaku confirmed on CBS on Nov. 2 that scientific opinion on the reality of global warming is now nearly unanimous.
One has to look long and hard to find any respected scientist who is still skeptical about it. Humans have impacted the temperature of the Earth, and as a result, all indicators point to the fact that 100-year storms will be much more frequent a new normal.
The elephant in the room during this presidential election is global warming and its clear linkage to the burning of fossil fuels. Comparing the energy policies of the two candidates, the choice is clear: Former Mass. Gov. Mitt Romney wants to drill baby drill,
while President Barack Obama recognizes the threat of global warming and pushes us toward an economy based on renewable energy.
Laurel Graham is an associate professor of sociology at USF.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Calls on College Campuses to Be Prepared for Meningococcal Disease
- Safety App BlueLight Launches at 10 New Campuses for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!