Letter to the Editor: Pres. Candidates on Climate Change
Scientist Michio Kaku confirmed on CBS on Nov. 2 that scientific opinion on the reality of global warming is now nearly unanimous.
One has to look long and hard to find any respected scientist who is still skeptical about it. Humans have impacted the temperature of the Earth, and as a result, all indicators point to the fact that 100-year storms will be much more frequent a new normal.
The elephant in the room during this presidential election is global warming and its clear linkage to the burning of fossil fuels. Comparing the energy policies of the two candidates, the choice is clear: Former Mass. Gov. Mitt Romney wants to drill baby drill,
while President Barack Obama recognizes the threat of global warming and pushes us toward an economy based on renewable energy.
Laurel Graham is an associate professor of sociology at USF.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Food, Fuel, and Finance ... The 3Fs of Economics
- Top Tips for Timely Performance Driving
- Wellness Program Rewards Healthy New Year's Goals
- New Medical Supplement Offers Advance in Bladder Control
- Get An Edge on College Prep Tests
- Noodles to the Rescue: Make Dinner In a Snap
- Student Athletes Emulate the Pros in Abusing Prescription...
- Specialized Firefighter Training Helps Save Farmers' Lives
- One New Year's Resolution You Don't Have to Keep to Be a...
- Reverse Mortgage Can Help With Retirement Planning
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College Students Head Back to Campus with Amazon Prime Student
- Phi Kappa Phi 2017 Award Programs Now Open
- MAX FROST RELEASES NEW VIDEO FOR INFECTIOUS TRACK "ADDERALL"
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates