Letter to the Editor: Pres. Candidates on Climate Change
Scientist Michio Kaku confirmed on CBS on Nov. 2 that scientific opinion on the reality of global warming is now nearly unanimous.
One has to look long and hard to find any respected scientist who is still skeptical about it. Humans have impacted the temperature of the Earth, and as a result, all indicators point to the fact that 100-year storms will be much more frequent a new normal.
The elephant in the room during this presidential election is global warming and its clear linkage to the burning of fossil fuels. Comparing the energy policies of the two candidates, the choice is clear: Former Mass. Gov. Mitt Romney wants to drill baby drill,
while President Barack Obama recognizes the threat of global warming and pushes us toward an economy based on renewable energy.
Laurel Graham is an associate professor of sociology at USF.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Cystic Fibrosis Breakthrough for Patients With Fungal...
- Millennials and Health Care
- Is Your Christmas Tree Up to the Task?
- Save Time and Money With a Mail-Order Pharmacy
- How to Store Your Warm Weather Gear for Winter Hibernation
- 5 Ways to Raise Capital and Start a Business
- Have Chronic Pain? Here's a Safer Alternative to Opioids
- Military Training Happens Virtually in Florida
- Out of This World: Challenge Open to 3D Print in Space
- Power Down the AC on National Ceiling Fan Day