Letter to the Editor: Justin Long's visit to USF
It is great to see role models for Americas youth addressing important issues like the rising costs of
education, the War on Drugs and illegal immigration. These are all important issues in our election but I, along with thousands of youth across the country, think there is one important thing that both the Barack Obama and Mitt Romney campaigns have failed to address time and time again, and that is the issue of climate change and clean energy in America.
Florida youth and climate leaders across the country are running the Power Vote campaign this election year to make sure young people get out to the polls and vote with clean energy as a top priority.
We are calling on our politicians to stand up to dirty energy and present platforms with clean energy futures in mind. These do not include false solutions such as coal, natural gas and nuclear energy. Energy independence means clean and renewable energy from sources like solar and wind that focus on sustainability and long-term solutions. These issues are connected to and as important as issues regarding health care, the economy and education.
This election year, citizens are concerned about our planets future and our politicians should be as well.
What will Obama and Romney administrations do to move beyond fossil fuels and address our generations greatest challenge the climate crisis?
Shaza Hussein is a senior majoring in environmental policy and chemistry.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- USF assistant coach resigns amid NCAA investigation
- UP arrests Clearwater man for sexual battery
- A student-driven upgrade: USF Health expands to better serve its students
- USF student interns in Florida Everglades
- Pokemon conquer campus: The new app “Pokemon Go” allows students to get act...
- We’ll always have Tampa: Tampa Theatre hosts Summer Classics Series
- O’Neal’s Olympic bid falls short
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Driver Safety: New Tips for Road Trips
- What to Ask About the Medicines You Take
- Summer Is the Perfect Time to Catch Up on Some Reading
- There's At Least One Thing Americans Are Satisfied With
- What to Look for in a New House This Home Buying Season
- Is Your Eye Makeup Making You Sick? What You Need to Know
- Biotech Companies Are Still the "It" Stock to Have in...
- Give Seniors a Lift With Household Chores
- On the Brink: Africa Viewed As Growth Target for Telecom
- Protect Your Family With Encryption
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Higher Education Goes Solar to Charge Mobile Devices
- Course Hero Beats Donation Goal for Books for Africa
- Course Hero Receives 2016 Top Workplace Award from Bay Area News Group
- Citavi Offers Summer Thesis-Writing Toolkit for Graduate Students
- Course Hero Welcomes Dr. Arthur Levine to their Advisory Board