Kloss named Lou Groza Award finalist
USF junior place-kicker Marvin Kloss was named one of three finalists for the Lou Groza Collegiate Place-Kicker Award, which honors college football’s best place-kicker.
Along with Florida State freshman Roberto Aguayo and senior Anthony Fera of Texas, Kloss will travel to Orlando on Dec. 12 when the winner will be announced at The Home Depot College Football Awards Show.
Kloss made 12 consecutive field goals in one stretch this season and scored every offensive point in USF’s two wins, but missed three of his last four attempts, one in which he slipped and fell on the Raymond James Stadium grass against SMU.
Rodriguez Gomez leads AAC in blocks
USF volleyball senior middle blocker Andrea Rodriguez Gomez and the Bulls didn’t get a win Senior Day against SMU, but the Bulls are fourth in the American Athletic Conference standings and lead the conference in blocks per set with 2.69.
Leading that defensive effort is Rodriguez Gomez, who tops the AAC in individual blocks (164) and blocks per set (1.49). The Bulls’ lone senior is also seventh in the AAC in hitting percentage (.304) and fifth in service aces per set (.30).
The Bulls look to finish strong in the final two matches of the regular season Wednesday and Friday against Temple and Memphis, respectively.
Williams makes AAC Honor Roll
USF women’s basketball sophomore guard Courtney Williams made the American Athletic Conference Weekly Honor Roll after scoring 15.5 points per game in the Bulls’ two games last week.
Williams, who usually comes off the bench, started in place of senior guard Inga Orekhova on Sunday in USF’s loss to Clemson.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Students warned not to sign up for GetStudyRoom.com
- Despite losing record, Bulls sets sights on conference title
- Z Baked provides warm cookies on demand
- Addicted to Apple: a dire diagnosis for millennials
- USF partners with World Health Organization
- Speaker sees astronomy through historical lens
- Bulls aim to bounce back on homestand
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses