Kloss named Lou Groza Award finalist
USF junior place-kicker Marvin Kloss was named one of three finalists for the Lou Groza Collegiate Place-Kicker Award, which honors college football’s best place-kicker.
Along with Florida State freshman Roberto Aguayo and senior Anthony Fera of Texas, Kloss will travel to Orlando on Dec. 12 when the winner will be announced at The Home Depot College Football Awards Show.
Kloss made 12 consecutive field goals in one stretch this season and scored every offensive point in USF’s two wins, but missed three of his last four attempts, one in which he slipped and fell on the Raymond James Stadium grass against SMU.
Rodriguez Gomez leads AAC in blocks
USF volleyball senior middle blocker Andrea Rodriguez Gomez and the Bulls didn’t get a win Senior Day against SMU, but the Bulls are fourth in the American Athletic Conference standings and lead the conference in blocks per set with 2.69.
Leading that defensive effort is Rodriguez Gomez, who tops the AAC in individual blocks (164) and blocks per set (1.49). The Bulls’ lone senior is also seventh in the AAC in hitting percentage (.304) and fifth in service aces per set (.30).
The Bulls look to finish strong in the final two matches of the regular season Wednesday and Friday against Temple and Memphis, respectively.
Williams makes AAC Honor Roll
USF women’s basketball sophomore guard Courtney Williams made the American Athletic Conference Weekly Honor Roll after scoring 15.5 points per game in the Bulls’ two games last week.
Williams, who usually comes off the bench, started in place of senior guard Inga Orekhova on Sunday in USF’s loss to Clemson.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Firefighter Battles Flames and Cancer
- Winter Is Coming: Is Your Fuel Ready?
- Could The Movie Studio be the Next Heavy Hitter?
- Can Insurance Companies Adapt to Today's Fast-Paced...
- Help Fund Your Favorite School Cause One Apple at a Time
- New TIPS Program Focuses on Preventing Youth Sports Injuries
- Don't Let Spooky Pests Haunt Your Home This Fall
- Weight Loss Procedure Hits a Nerve -- Literally
- Clues in the Attic: Pre-Winter Roof Checkups Made Easy
- Feeding Your Joints to Stay on the Move