Grissom to participate in Senior Bowl
Despite a senior season that did not go as planned, with the team losing the most games in school history with another game remaining, USF defensive tackle Cory Grissom has a reason to celebrate.
The 6-foot-2 redshirt senior announced that he would be accepting a spot in the annual Senior Bowl, held in Mobile, Ala. a postseason exhibition game to which NFL prospects from around the country are invited.
Grissom has started every game this season, despite an injury that was expected to keep him out for the beginning of the season.
It was a really big step for me, he said. The predictions were that I would not be back until the fourth game of the season, but, in my mind, I couldnt miss any games. That was my mindset. I cant just stay out. I had to try and come back and do something for the team.
The Georgia native will be honored this weekend at the game against Pittsburgh as a part of Senior Day festivities. It will be his final collegiate game, and will be followed by the Senior Bowl in early 2013.
Its very emotional for me right now, Grissom said. It just means that Ive accomplished something big for my family, graduating from college and hopefully taking the next step in football.
Bulls look to continue strong start After a big win at home, the USF womens basketball team will look play its second road game of the season tonight against UNC-Asheville at 7.
Any time you go on the road its a different monster. Youre playing on someones home floor, and well handle it like a business trip, coach Jose Fernandez said. You have a Big East team going on someones home floor. Id be excited to play us if I were UNC-Asheville.
The last time the Bulls started 4-0, it ended with a championship when the Bulls won the Womens National Invitational Tournament in the 2008-09 season.
Were off to a good start, Fernandez said. Its just continuing to improve each practice, each shoot around and each game.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Quinton Flowers wins AAC Offensive Player of the Year
- BOT formally approves Genshaft bonus
- Top 10 moments of the fall semester
- Netflix: No Wi-Fi needed
- USF Health Services sees spike in clients as exams near
- USF System President Genshaft up for performance-based stipend
- USF students reflect on fall semester
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
- A New Read on Literacy: The 3 Keys to Building Lifelong...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities