Grissom to participate in Senior Bowl

By Rames Ali, SPORTS EDITOR
On November 28, 2012

Despite a senior season that did not go as planned, with the team losing the most games in school history with another game remaining, USF defensive tackle Cory Grissom has a reason to celebrate.

The 6-foot-2 redshirt senior announced that he would be accepting a spot in the annual Senior Bowl, held in Mobile, Ala. a postseason exhibition game to which NFL prospects from around the country are invited.

Grissom has started every game this season, despite an injury that was expected to keep him out for the beginning of the season.

It was a really big step for me, he said. The predictions were that I would not be back until the fourth game of the season, but, in my mind, I couldnt miss any games. That was my mindset. I cant just stay out. I had to try and come back and do something for the team.

The Georgia native will be honored this weekend at the game against Pittsburgh as a part of Senior Day festivities. It will be his final collegiate game, and will be followed by the Senior Bowl in early 2013.

Its very emotional for me right now, Grissom said. It just means that Ive accomplished something big for my family, graduating from college and hopefully taking the next step in football.

Bulls look to continue strong start After a big win at home, the USF womens basketball team will look play its second road game of the season tonight against UNC-Asheville at 7.

Any time you go on the road its a different monster. Youre playing on someones home floor, and well handle it like a business trip, coach Jose Fernandez said. You have a Big East team going on someones home floor. Id be excited to play us if I were UNC-Asheville.

The last time the Bulls started 4-0, it ended with a championship when the Bulls won the Womens National Invitational Tournament in the 2008-09 season.

Were off to a good start, Fernandez said. Its just continuing to improve each practice, each shoot around and each game.