Griffin to play, pursue degree after transfer
USF wide receiver Sterling Griffin plans to finish out his eligibility on the field by transferring to pursue his graduate degree at another university.
The receiver from Miami has seen action in 23 games as a Bull and has started in 19 through his four years at USF. With plans to move on, Griffin said he will cherish the memories and relationships he has made at USF.
“I appreciate Coach Taggart for all he’s done since taking over the program and I wish this team nothing but the best moving forward,” Griffin said in a press release. “I want to thank my teammates, the fans, the administration and all the support staff — especially the athletic training staff who have helped me during my time here.”
Griffin’s degree and school of choice are still to be determined according to university spokesperson Jeremy Sharpe.
During his time at USF, Griffin completed six total touchdowns on 59 receptions for 838 yards total. This is despite two major injuries in his career — an offseason ankle injury in 2010 that had him redshirted for that season and a knee injury in 2012 that had him out for the season after starting the first two games.
So long as Griffin stays healthy, he said he will stay optimistic about his work both on and off the field.
“I’m looking forward to earning my degree in August and pursuing my graduate degree at another institution, where I will complete my eligibility,” Griffin said in the press release.
Sharpe said Griffin did not want to speak further on the issue at the time of print.
— Staff report
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- As USF football surges forward, winless UCF hobbles toward finish line
- USF men's basketball tops Albany for first win of season
- USF professor goes viral for comments on friend requests
- Tampa sees rise in income inequality
- Yogurt, the front-line defense against Type 1 diabetes?
- USF’s new policy not in employees’ best interest
- Open mic discusses impact of suicide
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The INs and OUTs of a Hospital Stay
- The Movie Studio Reveals New Opportunities for Indie...
- Brighten Your Holidays With LED Lights
- Tell Congress to Protect Paper Investor Reports
- Climb Stairs Without Hurting Yourself
- Is Your Baby Ready for Chewing?
- Millennials Are Determined to Lessen Their Kids' College...
- Organizar Un Maratón De La Película Star...
- Know Your Drug Costs Before You Leave the Doctor's Office
- Shopping for a New Sofa? Keep These Design Tips in Mind