Griffin to play, pursue degree after transfer
USF wide receiver Sterling Griffin plans to finish out his eligibility on the field by transferring to pursue his graduate degree at another university.
The receiver from Miami has seen action in 23 games as a Bull and has started in 19 through his four years at USF. With plans to move on, Griffin said he will cherish the memories and relationships he has made at USF.
“I appreciate Coach Taggart for all he’s done since taking over the program and I wish this team nothing but the best moving forward,” Griffin said in a press release. “I want to thank my teammates, the fans, the administration and all the support staff — especially the athletic training staff who have helped me during my time here.”
Griffin’s degree and school of choice are still to be determined according to university spokesperson Jeremy Sharpe.
During his time at USF, Griffin completed six total touchdowns on 59 receptions for 838 yards total. This is despite two major injuries in his career — an offseason ankle injury in 2010 that had him redshirted for that season and a knee injury in 2012 that had him out for the season after starting the first two games.
So long as Griffin stays healthy, he said he will stay optimistic about his work both on and off the field.
“I’m looking forward to earning my degree in August and pursuing my graduate degree at another institution, where I will complete my eligibility,” Griffin said in the press release.
Sharpe said Griffin did not want to speak further on the issue at the time of print.
— Staff report
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- ‘Jurassic World’ brings dino excitement back to life
- Haitian students to lead discussion on Caribbean migration crisis
- Schools share strategies for student success
- SCOTUS ruling not a personal attack against conservatives
- Woulard announces transfer to USF
- Antigua fills void with Penn State transfer
- Taggart adds offensive line depth
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Pointers for Packing the Perfect Summer Picnic
- Natural Snacks Make Nutritious Meals
- How American-Made Products Benefit Many
- Los Hispanos Celebran El Verano Con Diversión,...
- Minimizing the Mess: How to Keep a Clean Home With Kids
- Millennials Help Boost the Popularity of ETFs
- How to Handle the Potential Pitfalls of Dating
- Smart Homes Save Time and Money
- Simple Steps to Safeguard Your Second Home
- Smart Ways to Save on Home Insurance
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- vitaminwater® Announces Project Hustle Finalists
- Supermodel Jaslene Gonzalez to Speak at Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority 25th Anniversary Sisterhood Retreat
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS
- NEW WEBSITE FEATURES COLLEGE PROFESSORS EXCLUSIVELY AS ONLINE TUTORS
- Dickinson College and Jadu Reinvent Website and Portal with 'Single Experience Student Platform'