Griffin to play, pursue degree after transfer
USF wide receiver Sterling Griffin plans to finish out his eligibility on the field by transferring to pursue his graduate degree at another university.
The receiver from Miami has seen action in 23 games as a Bull and has started in 19 through his four years at USF. With plans to move on, Griffin said he will cherish the memories and relationships he has made at USF.
“I appreciate Coach Taggart for all he’s done since taking over the program and I wish this team nothing but the best moving forward,” Griffin said in a press release. “I want to thank my teammates, the fans, the administration and all the support staff — especially the athletic training staff who have helped me during my time here.”
Griffin’s degree and school of choice are still to be determined according to university spokesperson Jeremy Sharpe.
During his time at USF, Griffin completed six total touchdowns on 59 receptions for 838 yards total. This is despite two major injuries in his career — an offseason ankle injury in 2010 that had him redshirted for that season and a knee injury in 2012 that had him out for the season after starting the first two games.
So long as Griffin stays healthy, he said he will stay optimistic about his work both on and off the field.
“I’m looking forward to earning my degree in August and pursuing my graduate degree at another institution, where I will complete my eligibility,” Griffin said in the press release.
Sharpe said Griffin did not want to speak further on the issue at the time of print.
— Staff report
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- SG presidential candidates face off
- Investigation request submitted regarding SG president
- SG presidential candidates prepare for first debate
- Court finds divestment referendum constitutional
- Counseling Center seeks to accommodate increasing need while fighting for...
- Bulls trail wire-to-wire in 20th straight loss against ranked opponents
- Two Bulls to put dreams to the test at NFL Combine
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protecting Seniors Online from Scams, Hacks and Tax Fraud
- Rehydrating for Optimal Health
- Five Reasons You Need Cell Phone Insurance Now
- The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
- Companies Are Discovering That Pittsburgh Is Good for...
- Millennials Go House Hunting, and Here's What They Crave
- Estate Plans: You're Not Doing Anyone a Favor by Avoiding...
- What Would You Have to Give Up to Pay for An Unexpected...
- Four Tips to Keep Your Kids' Teeth Healthy And Clean
- Local Community Newspapers Go Digital
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- N. American Effie Awards Announces 2017 Collegiate Effie Competition
- Students Increasingly Turn To GoFundMe To Pay For College
- O2 BARS: LATEST RAGE AT COLLEGE DE-STRESS, SOCIAL, & WELLNESS EVENTS
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- ESA Foundation launches 2017-18 Scholarship Program