Griffin to play, pursue degree after transfer
USF wide receiver Sterling Griffin plans to finish out his eligibility on the field by transferring to pursue his graduate degree at another university.
The receiver from Miami has seen action in 23 games as a Bull and has started in 19 through his four years at USF. With plans to move on, Griffin said he will cherish the memories and relationships he has made at USF.
“I appreciate Coach Taggart for all he’s done since taking over the program and I wish this team nothing but the best moving forward,” Griffin said in a press release. “I want to thank my teammates, the fans, the administration and all the support staff — especially the athletic training staff who have helped me during my time here.”
Griffin’s degree and school of choice are still to be determined according to university spokesperson Jeremy Sharpe.
During his time at USF, Griffin completed six total touchdowns on 59 receptions for 838 yards total. This is despite two major injuries in his career — an offseason ankle injury in 2010 that had him redshirted for that season and a knee injury in 2012 that had him out for the season after starting the first two games.
So long as Griffin stays healthy, he said he will stay optimistic about his work both on and off the field.
“I’m looking forward to earning my degree in August and pursuing my graduate degree at another institution, where I will complete my eligibility,” Griffin said in the press release.
Sharpe said Griffin did not want to speak further on the issue at the time of print.
— Staff report
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Cosplayers to suit up for Tampa Bay Comic Con
- Search continues for graves at Dozier
- USF Athletics: What you might have missed this summer
- Pujol represents Bulls in FIBA World Cup
- The health consequences of a night with Netflix
- Colleges should worry about losing funding over Title IX violations
- Renovations revitalize USF Bookstore
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit