Goating takes over the Internet

By Kelsey Sunderland, MONTAGE EDITOR
On March 5, 2013

The newest pop sensations across the many genres of music isnt Lady Gaga, nor is it Chris Brown.

Bleating goats are the latest stars of the music industry.

It all began with a group of yelling goats and a camera, but now a couple of innocent farm animals have made waves around the world via YouTube, with their mixed renditions of famous tunes, along with their own Reddit.com subreddit page, r/Goat Edition.

One of the first goating remixes was Taylor Swifts Trouble, in which a white goat was inserted into the music video, bleating with all its might, during the chorus of the song. The pop singers newest remix now has over 7 million hits onYouTube.

And Swift isnt alone in being the butt of a hard-not-to-laugh-at joke.

With over 30 different goat-laden pop songs circulating the internet everything ranging from Bon Jovis Livin On A Prayer, to Miley Cyrus Party in the USA those beloved goats aremaintaining a cult following, whereeveryone has their favorite goat.

Here are the top four giggle-worthy goating videos.

1.Katy Perry Firework

The goat group makes a predictable appearance in the remix of Katy Perrys inspirational song Firework, but its a must-see of the viral YouTube sensations. Multiple goats all of which play a vital role in the success of initiating some LOLZ each take a turn at making the song a little less heartfelt and a lot more entertaining.

2.Collective Soul Shine

This rendition of the 1993 Collective Soul tune, Shine, is definitely worthy of many more views than it actually has. Though this hidden gem is before the time of many of todays YouTubers and Redditors, it isnt hard to laugh at the simplicity of a goat contributing to an early 90s grunge tune.

3.Skrillex First of the Year

If youre a dubstep fan, the goat edition of Skrillexs First of the Year, will be on replay. The video which has over 2 million views gives stark contrast between a goats screams and the heavy electro-grunge sounds rounds out the song, making it pretty spot-on with the original version.

4.Miley Cyrus Party in the USA

Let the music of Miley Cyrus Party in the USA take you back to a simpler time, when her hair was a natural color, she sang teenie-bopper tunes and goats roamed the Earth. Well, goats are obviously still roaming the Earth, but they are also breathing new life into this, mildly obnoxious bouncy tune. The black Yeah goat is the star of the video, making his name in the crazy Internet world of
goating as a fan favorite.