Genshaft announces interim leaders for USF Health
Dr. Harry van Loveren, chairman of the Morsani College of Medicine's neurosurgery department, and Dr. Donna Petersen, dean of the College of Public Health, were announced as interim leaders of USF Health, USF President Judy Genshaft announced.
The two will lead USF Health starting Aug. 12, and the search for a permanent CEO of USF Health is underway, the email stated.
Current College of Medicine Dean and USF Health CEO Stephen Klasko, who has been with USF since 2004, will leave in September to serve as president of Thomas Jefferson University and CEO of the Thomas Jefferson University Hospital System.
The search committee will be led by Karen Holbrook, senior adviser to the President, and Dr. John Sinnott, chairman of the internal medicine department in the College of Medicine. According to a USF Health press release, other members of the committee include: Jim Burkhart, CEO of Tampa General Hospital; Dr. Javier Cuevas, USF Health's Neurocardiology Research Lab director; Dr. Jeffrey Krischer, USF Diabetes Center and Pediatric Epidemiology Center director; Steve Mitchell, USF Board of Trustees member; Dr. Alicia Monroe, vice dean for educational affairs in the College of Medicine; Dr. Dianne Morrison-Beedy, dean of College of Nursing; Dr. Elliot Sussman, chairman of The Villages Health; Dr. Thomas Whalen, chief medical officer for LeHigh Valley Health Network; Dr. Sarah Yuan, chairwoman of Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology department Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology; and Trevor Lewis, co-president of the College of Medicine Student Council.
— Staff report
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- A bond between brothers
- As exams near, student stress levels soar
- Message to draftees: Don’t mess this up
- Bulls held scoreless in midweek loss to Stetson
- As need for cybersecurity grows, USF class offers solutions
- Florida should pass laws to help women
- Tampa continues to tackle public transportation issue
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Four Tech Tools That Can Help Your Small Business Grow
- Streaming Content Box Cuts Your Cable and Costs
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- American U. professor predicts Trump will be impeached in new book
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum