Genshaft announces interim leaders for USF Health
Dr. Harry van Loveren, chairman of the Morsani College of Medicine's neurosurgery department, and Dr. Donna Petersen, dean of the College of Public Health, were announced as interim leaders of USF Health, USF President Judy Genshaft announced.
The two will lead USF Health starting Aug. 12, and the search for a permanent CEO of USF Health is underway, the email stated.
Current College of Medicine Dean and USF Health CEO Stephen Klasko, who has been with USF since 2004, will leave in September to serve as president of Thomas Jefferson University and CEO of the Thomas Jefferson University Hospital System.
The search committee will be led by Karen Holbrook, senior adviser to the President, and Dr. John Sinnott, chairman of the internal medicine department in the College of Medicine. According to a USF Health press release, other members of the committee include: Jim Burkhart, CEO of Tampa General Hospital; Dr. Javier Cuevas, USF Health's Neurocardiology Research Lab director; Dr. Jeffrey Krischer, USF Diabetes Center and Pediatric Epidemiology Center director; Steve Mitchell, USF Board of Trustees member; Dr. Alicia Monroe, vice dean for educational affairs in the College of Medicine; Dr. Dianne Morrison-Beedy, dean of College of Nursing; Dr. Elliot Sussman, chairman of The Villages Health; Dr. Thomas Whalen, chief medical officer for LeHigh Valley Health Network; Dr. Sarah Yuan, chairwoman of Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology department Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology; and Trevor Lewis, co-president of the College of Medicine Student Council.
— Staff report
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- SG presidential candidates face off
- Investigation request submitted regarding SG president
- SG presidential candidates prepare for first debate
- Court finds divestment referendum constitutional
- Counseling Center seeks to accommodate increasing need while fighting for...
- Bulls trail wire-to-wire in 20th straight loss against ranked opponents
- Two Bulls to put dreams to the test at NFL Combine
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protecting Seniors Online from Scams, Hacks and Tax Fraud
- Rehydrating for Optimal Health
- Five Reasons You Need Cell Phone Insurance Now
- The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
- Companies Are Discovering That Pittsburgh Is Good for...
- Millennials Go House Hunting, and Here's What They Crave
- Estate Plans: You're Not Doing Anyone a Favor by Avoiding...
- What Would You Have to Give Up to Pay for An Unexpected...
- Four Tips to Keep Your Kids' Teeth Healthy And Clean
- Local Community Newspapers Go Digital
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- N. American Effie Awards Announces 2017 Collegiate Effie Competition
- Students Increasingly Turn To GoFundMe To Pay For College
- O2 BARS: LATEST RAGE AT COLLEGE DE-STRESS, SOCIAL, & WELLNESS EVENTS
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- ESA Foundation launches 2017-18 Scholarship Program