Genshaft announces interim leaders for USF Health
Dr. Harry van Loveren, chairman of the Morsani College of Medicine's neurosurgery department, and Dr. Donna Petersen, dean of the College of Public Health, were announced as interim leaders of USF Health, USF President Judy Genshaft announced.
The two will lead USF Health starting Aug. 12, and the search for a permanent CEO of USF Health is underway, the email stated.
Current College of Medicine Dean and USF Health CEO Stephen Klasko, who has been with USF since 2004, will leave in September to serve as president of Thomas Jefferson University and CEO of the Thomas Jefferson University Hospital System.
The search committee will be led by Karen Holbrook, senior adviser to the President, and Dr. John Sinnott, chairman of the internal medicine department in the College of Medicine. According to a USF Health press release, other members of the committee include: Jim Burkhart, CEO of Tampa General Hospital; Dr. Javier Cuevas, USF Health's Neurocardiology Research Lab director; Dr. Jeffrey Krischer, USF Diabetes Center and Pediatric Epidemiology Center director; Steve Mitchell, USF Board of Trustees member; Dr. Alicia Monroe, vice dean for educational affairs in the College of Medicine; Dr. Dianne Morrison-Beedy, dean of College of Nursing; Dr. Elliot Sussman, chairman of The Villages Health; Dr. Thomas Whalen, chief medical officer for LeHigh Valley Health Network; Dr. Sarah Yuan, chairwoman of Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology department Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology; and Trevor Lewis, co-president of the College of Medicine Student Council.
— Staff report
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care