Genshaft announces interim leaders for USF Health
Dr. Harry van Loveren, chairman of the Morsani College of Medicine's neurosurgery department, and Dr. Donna Petersen, dean of the College of Public Health, were announced as interim leaders of USF Health, USF President Judy Genshaft announced.
The two will lead USF Health starting Aug. 12, and the search for a permanent CEO of USF Health is underway, the email stated.
Current College of Medicine Dean and USF Health CEO Stephen Klasko, who has been with USF since 2004, will leave in September to serve as president of Thomas Jefferson University and CEO of the Thomas Jefferson University Hospital System.
The search committee will be led by Karen Holbrook, senior adviser to the President, and Dr. John Sinnott, chairman of the internal medicine department in the College of Medicine. According to a USF Health press release, other members of the committee include: Jim Burkhart, CEO of Tampa General Hospital; Dr. Javier Cuevas, USF Health's Neurocardiology Research Lab director; Dr. Jeffrey Krischer, USF Diabetes Center and Pediatric Epidemiology Center director; Steve Mitchell, USF Board of Trustees member; Dr. Alicia Monroe, vice dean for educational affairs in the College of Medicine; Dr. Dianne Morrison-Beedy, dean of College of Nursing; Dr. Elliot Sussman, chairman of The Villages Health; Dr. Thomas Whalen, chief medical officer for LeHigh Valley Health Network; Dr. Sarah Yuan, chairwoman of Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology department Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology; and Trevor Lewis, co-president of the College of Medicine Student Council.
— Staff report
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- LED Technology Helping People See The World in a Whole...
- Ice Dams Put Homes at Risk for Termites
- 5 Tips to Having a Happy, Healthy Heart
- What Does Million in IRS Budget Cuts Mean for Taxpayers?
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor