Former Bulls reunite in Super Bowl
At USF they won two consecutive bowl games on the same roster with two different head coaches. Four years later, quarterback B.J. Daniels and cornerback Kayvon Webster will be featured in the Super Bowl.
Both Bulls were taken in the 2013 NFL Draft. Daniels was drafted by the San Francisco 49ers in the seventh round, Webster by the Denver Broncos in the third round.
While Webster became heavily featured with the team that drafted him due to injuries in the Broncos’ secondary, Daniels was put on waivers by the 49ers then picked up by the Seattle Seahawks.
Daniels impressed during the preseason with San Francisco, completing 13 of his 21 passes for 178 yards and three touchdowns.
Though he hasn’t taken a snap as a Seahawk all season being on the practice squad, Daniels’ years with USF aren’t far behind him. In USF’s record books, he stands third all-time in passing yards (8,433) and completions (649) while he finished first all-time in rushing touchdowns (25) and second all-time in total offense (10,501).
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Cosplayers to suit up for Tampa Bay Comic Con
- Search continues for graves at Dozier
- USF Athletics: What you might have missed this summer
- Pujol represents Bulls in FIBA World Cup
- The health consequences of a night with Netflix
- Colleges should worry about losing funding over Title IX violations
- Renovations revitalize USF Bookstore
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools