Dining option changes delayed
Following a proposal by Aramark Dining Services to change dining options on campus, delays in construction postponed the opening of a Pollo Tropical in Sessums Mall near Cooper Hall, and a Panda Express and Papa Johns in the Marshall Student Center (MSC) food court.
In October, Jeff Mack, assistant vice president for Campus Business Services, who worked with a committee to assess campus feedback on the changes, said to The Oracle that the changes could be ready in the MSC Food Court for the start of the spring semester and Pollo Tropical could be ready by the summer, pending results of a student survey.
Jenna Engel, marketingmanager for Aramark Dining Services, said the Burger King is now permanently closed, and progress on the other dining options will begin shortly.
The Pollo Tropical construction will begin in early January, Engel said in an emailed statement to The Oracle. The Papa Johns and Panda Express construction has not yet begun. Tentative opening for these locations is early spring semester.
In an email to The Oracle, Sujit Chemburkar, director for the MSC said the hold up with the MSC Food Court renovation is mainly due to Panda Express in that the quote for FF&E (furniture, fixture and equipment) items is not complete because of holiday break.
The student survey, which was completed in October, consisted of 1,385 students and indicated that a majority of students were satisfied or highly satisfied with the proposed changes.
Chemburkar said the changes were discussed at a meeting Friday afternoon, and another meeting will be held this Friday to determine the phases of construction with USF Facilities Planning and general contractors.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- SG presidential candidates face off
- Investigation request submitted regarding SG president
- SG presidential candidates prepare for first debate
- Court finds divestment referendum constitutional
- Counseling Center seeks to accommodate increasing need while fighting for...
- Bulls trail wire-to-wire in 20th straight loss against ranked opponents
- Two Bulls to put dreams to the test at NFL Combine
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protecting Seniors Online from Scams, Hacks and Tax Fraud
- Rehydrating for Optimal Health
- Five Reasons You Need Cell Phone Insurance Now
- The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
- Companies Are Discovering That Pittsburgh Is Good for...
- Millennials Go House Hunting, and Here's What They Crave
- Estate Plans: You're Not Doing Anyone a Favor by Avoiding...
- What Would You Have to Give Up to Pay for An Unexpected...
- Four Tips to Keep Your Kids' Teeth Healthy And Clean
- Local Community Newspapers Go Digital
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- N. American Effie Awards Announces 2017 Collegiate Effie Competition
- Students Increasingly Turn To GoFundMe To Pay For College
- O2 BARS: LATEST RAGE AT COLLEGE DE-STRESS, SOCIAL, & WELLNESS EVENTS
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- ESA Foundation launches 2017-18 Scholarship Program