Dining option changes delayed
Following a proposal by Aramark Dining Services to change dining options on campus, delays in construction postponed the opening of a Pollo Tropical in Sessums Mall near Cooper Hall, and a Panda Express and Papa Johns in the Marshall Student Center (MSC) food court.
In October, Jeff Mack, assistant vice president for Campus Business Services, who worked with a committee to assess campus feedback on the changes, said to The Oracle that the changes could be ready in the MSC Food Court for the start of the spring semester and Pollo Tropical could be ready by the summer, pending results of a student survey.
Jenna Engel, marketingmanager for Aramark Dining Services, said the Burger King is now permanently closed, and progress on the other dining options will begin shortly.
The Pollo Tropical construction will begin in early January, Engel said in an emailed statement to The Oracle. The Papa Johns and Panda Express construction has not yet begun. Tentative opening for these locations is early spring semester.
In an email to The Oracle, Sujit Chemburkar, director for the MSC said the hold up with the MSC Food Court renovation is mainly due to Panda Express in that the quote for FF&E (furniture, fixture and equipment) items is not complete because of holiday break.
The student survey, which was completed in October, consisted of 1,385 students and indicated that a majority of students were satisfied or highly satisfied with the proposed changes.
Chemburkar said the changes were discussed at a meeting Friday afternoon, and another meeting will be held this Friday to determine the phases of construction with USF Facilities Planning and general contractors.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- USF staff loses Hope, potentially adds former Buccaneer
- Florida Legislature kills LGBT discrimination ban
- USF partners with Brazilian university
- Students express varying opinions on Trump’s visit
- Divestment resolution scrutinized by court
- USF baseball's success hinges on its youth
- Erica Nunn and Lee Ann Spivey prepare for final season
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Hope for Sufferers of Myofascial Pain?
- A Delicious and Warm Pear Salad for Winter
- Major Maryland Piano Store to Close Its Doors
- A Better Valentine's Day Gift for Couples?
- Crowdfunding's Latest Effort: Preventing Youth Sports...
- El Regalo Ideal Para Cualquier Etapa De Tu Relación
- Seeing a Chiropractor First Can Save You Money
- Flu Season Has Arrived: Helpful Tips to Prevent the...
- 2016 Resolutions: Time for an Update?
- GlobalGiving and Athletic Tips Partner to Help Keep Young...