Coming off win, USF preps for road contest
The feeling of victory to start the season will be tested early for the USF womens basketball team, which will play its first road contest of the season tonight.
After beating Stetson 70-48 to start the regular season Saturday, the Bulls play the Clemson Tigers in South Carolina at 7 p.m. Its good to start the season with a win, but itll be a good test to get on the road and play an ACC team, coach Jose Fernandez said.
While the Bulls are coming off of a season-opening victory thanks to a strong second half that saw the team respond to a one-point halftime lead by outscoring Stetson by 21 in the second half, the Tigers were shocked by Presbyterian College at the buzzer in a 49-46 loss to open the season.
USF will need its depth on the teams first road trip of the season which it showed in the win over Stetson, in which four players scored seven or more points, led by 18 from senior guard Andrea Smith who is returning from an ACL injury that forced her to miss all of last season.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Oleg Frish's Dream Comes True With New Duets Album
- The INs and OUTs of a Hospital Stay
- The Movie Studio Reveals New Opportunities for Indie...
- Brighten Your Holidays With LED Lights
- Tell Congress to Protect Paper Investor Reports
- Climb Stairs Without Hurting Yourself
- Is Your Baby Ready for Chewing?
- Millennials Are Determined to Lessen Their Kids' College...
- Organizar Un Maratón De La Película Star...
- Know Your Drug Costs Before You Leave the Doctor's Office
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Knowledge Gaps in Vaccination Against Meningococcal Disease
- Five Easy Steps to Own Holiday Shopping on a Budget
- CSUN Secular Student Alliance holds their first meeting
- Application Deadline Near for $100,000 Excellence in Innovation Award
- Voto Latino to Host Event on Climate Change Challenges & Opportunities