Bulls to begin Big East play at home
The last time the USF mens soccer team entered Big East play with a 4-2-1 record, it proceeded to make history, becoming the first team in the Big East to go undefeated in conference play, going 7-0-2.
With any luck, the Bulls hope to recreate the magic of their 2011 season.
While the 2011 team entered conference play following a win, the Bulls will enter this year after a humbling weekend that saw the team give up a 2-0 lead in a draw with Butler and lose 5-0 to the No. 9 ranked Akron Zips. The 0-1-1 weekend dropped USF to 22nd in
Coach George Kiefer said his team is facing its first real test of the year.
I went into the locker room after practice and said that when you hit adversity it reveals character, and I was pleased because it revealed that I have 26 guys that got punched that want to get back up, he said. The energy out in training was as good as Ive seen all year, which really says a lot about them as people.
The Bulls have the added advantage of beginning their conference schedule at home when they play Providence, a team responsible for one of USFs two ties in Big East play.
The game will kick off at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday at Corbett Soccer Stadium.
Womens Soccer heads toNew Jersey
After a double overtime draw to start its conferencecampaign, the USFwomens soccer team heads to New Jersey for a pair of Big
With defense led by senior defender Alexandra BooEagle and freshman keeper Christiane Endler, the Bulls look to get their third consecutive clean sheet when they face the Rutgers Scarlet Knights on Friday at 7 p.m. Eagle was named to the Big East weekly honor roll after her strong performance during the teams 0-0 draw with Pittsburgh.
What an incredible job they did, coach DeniseSchilte-Brown said after Sundays game. Boo Eagle was just outstanding for 110
minutes. They didnt have room to breathe. Every time she intercepted (the ball), she didnt just clear it. She cleanlyconnected it.
Following its game against Rutgers, the team willtravel from Piscataway to South Orange, for a matchagainst Seton Hall at 1 p.m. on Sunday.
Volleyball team heads toBig East play
With conference seasons getting started across the athletics landscape, the USF volleyball team will embark on its Big East schedule on the road this weekend.
The Bulls look to continue their six-game winningstreak when they head toPiscataway on Saturday toplay the Rutgers Scarlet Knights at 2 p.m. Theteam will then follow the womens soccer team to SouthOrange to play Seton Hall on Sunday at 2 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- As USF football surges forward, winless UCF hobbles toward finish line
- USF men's basketball tops Albany for first win of season
- USF professor goes viral for comments on friend requests
- Tampa sees rise in income inequality
- Yogurt, the front-line defense against Type 1 diabetes?
- USF’s new policy not in employees’ best interest
- Open mic discusses impact of suicide
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The INs and OUTs of a Hospital Stay
- The Movie Studio Reveals New Opportunities for Indie...
- Brighten Your Holidays With LED Lights
- Tell Congress to Protect Paper Investor Reports
- Climb Stairs Without Hurting Yourself
- Is Your Baby Ready for Chewing?
- Millennials Are Determined to Lessen Their Kids' College...
- Organizar Un Maratón De La Película Star...
- Know Your Drug Costs Before You Leave the Doctor's Office
- Shopping for a New Sofa? Keep These Design Tips in Mind