Bulls set for road trip
With the Bulls on a roll, winning their last four games, another test will come this weekend as they travel to Wisconsin for the Wisconsin InnTowner Challenge.
After an 0-5 start to the season, the Bulls' volleyball team charged back with a vengeance - changing their season around by sweeping the UCF Invitational Challenge and bringing their record to 4-5.
"We worked so hard in practice this week," coach Claire Lessinger said. "We found our rhythm and all we have to do is play the same way this weekend and we'll be fine."
USF will face experienced teams in Wisconsin (6-3) and Western Michigan (9-1) this weekend, which will provide a challenge for the Bulls, who only return three starters - Kimika Rozier, J'beria Davis and Andrea Rodriguez Gomez.
"We are a fairly young team, but I don't think inexperience should be a major problem," Lessinger said. "The newcomers have played great so far. Kimika, J'beria and Andrea have taken the leadership role in the team and I'm so proud of what they have accomplished."
Freshmen Valerie El Houssine's emergence is a key reason why the Bulls have been on a winning streak. She was named the conference's freshman of the week Monday after she helped USF win three straight matches and capture the UCF Invitational crown this past weekend.
"Val is extremely humble, which makes it very easy for everyone to respect her," Lessinger said. "She quietly does her job and continues to do it better and better every day."
The Bulls will line up against Wisconsin on Friday at 7 p.m. and Western Michigan on Saturday at 5 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Quinton Flowers wins AAC Offensive Player of the Year
- BOT formally approves Genshaft bonus
- Top 10 moments of the fall semester
- Netflix: No Wi-Fi needed
- USF Health Services sees spike in clients as exams near
- USF System President Genshaft up for performance-based stipend
- USF students reflect on fall semester
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
- A New Read on Literacy: The 3 Keys to Building Lifelong...
- Celebra una fiesta de Posadas inolvidable para tu familia...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities