Bulls set for road trip
With the Bulls on a roll, winning their last four games, another test will come this weekend as they travel to Wisconsin for the Wisconsin InnTowner Challenge.
After an 0-5 start to the season, the Bulls' volleyball team charged back with a vengeance - changing their season around by sweeping the UCF Invitational Challenge and bringing their record to 4-5.
"We worked so hard in practice this week," coach Claire Lessinger said. "We found our rhythm and all we have to do is play the same way this weekend and we'll be fine."
USF will face experienced teams in Wisconsin (6-3) and Western Michigan (9-1) this weekend, which will provide a challenge for the Bulls, who only return three starters - Kimika Rozier, J'beria Davis and Andrea Rodriguez Gomez.
"We are a fairly young team, but I don't think inexperience should be a major problem," Lessinger said. "The newcomers have played great so far. Kimika, J'beria and Andrea have taken the leadership role in the team and I'm so proud of what they have accomplished."
Freshmen Valerie El Houssine's emergence is a key reason why the Bulls have been on a winning streak. She was named the conference's freshman of the week Monday after she helped USF win three straight matches and capture the UCF Invitational crown this past weekend.
"Val is extremely humble, which makes it very easy for everyone to respect her," Lessinger said. "She quietly does her job and continues to do it better and better every day."
The Bulls will line up against Wisconsin on Friday at 7 p.m. and Western Michigan on Saturday at 5 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- USF assistant coach resigns amid NCAA investigation
- UP arrests Clearwater man for sexual battery
- A student-driven upgrade: USF Health expands to better serve its students
- USF student interns in Florida Everglades
- Pokemon conquer campus: The new app “Pokemon Go” allows students to get act...
- We’ll always have Tampa: Tampa Theatre hosts Summer Classics Series
- O’Neal’s Olympic bid falls short
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Driver Safety: New Tips for Road Trips
- What to Ask About the Medicines You Take
- Summer Is the Perfect Time to Catch Up on Some Reading
- There's At Least One Thing Americans Are Satisfied With
- What to Look for in a New House This Home Buying Season
- Is Your Eye Makeup Making You Sick? What You Need to Know
- Biotech Companies Are Still the "It" Stock to Have in...
- Give Seniors a Lift With Household Chores
- On the Brink: Africa Viewed As Growth Target for Telecom
- Protect Your Family With Encryption
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Higher Education Goes Solar to Charge Mobile Devices
- Course Hero Beats Donation Goal for Books for Africa
- Course Hero Receives 2016 Top Workplace Award from Bay Area News Group
- Citavi Offers Summer Thesis-Writing Toolkit for Graduate Students
- Course Hero Welcomes Dr. Arthur Levine to their Advisory Board