Bulls set for road trip
With the Bulls on a roll, winning their last four games, another test will come this weekend as they travel to Wisconsin for the Wisconsin InnTowner Challenge.
After an 0-5 start to the season, the Bulls' volleyball team charged back with a vengeance - changing their season around by sweeping the UCF Invitational Challenge and bringing their record to 4-5.
"We worked so hard in practice this week," coach Claire Lessinger said. "We found our rhythm and all we have to do is play the same way this weekend and we'll be fine."
USF will face experienced teams in Wisconsin (6-3) and Western Michigan (9-1) this weekend, which will provide a challenge for the Bulls, who only return three starters - Kimika Rozier, J'beria Davis and Andrea Rodriguez Gomez.
"We are a fairly young team, but I don't think inexperience should be a major problem," Lessinger said. "The newcomers have played great so far. Kimika, J'beria and Andrea have taken the leadership role in the team and I'm so proud of what they have accomplished."
Freshmen Valerie El Houssine's emergence is a key reason why the Bulls have been on a winning streak. She was named the conference's freshman of the week Monday after she helped USF win three straight matches and capture the UCF Invitational crown this past weekend.
"Val is extremely humble, which makes it very easy for everyone to respect her," Lessinger said. "She quietly does her job and continues to do it better and better every day."
The Bulls will line up against Wisconsin on Friday at 7 p.m. and Western Michigan on Saturday at 5 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- USF under federal investigation, accused of mishandling sexual assault case
- Employers search for enthusiastic Bulls
- USF and MOSI join hands in science
- USF prepares for SMU rematch without Perry
- Holston defies doubters to reach D-I
- USF’s Mock Trial turns classroom into courtroom
- Campus dining caters to vegans
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
- With Help From Chile, Blueberries Stay Fresh All Winter
- Small Fixtures Make a Big Design Impact
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- carpooling, Europe?s No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor
- ASCO Numatics Announces 2015 Industrial Automation Engineering Scholarships
- Coffee Club Goes Viral With Members Earning Free Starbucks Cards
- UniversitySpot.com Introduces Extensive, Curated List of Free Online Courses for Winter 2015