Bulls’ overhaul continues with Mercurius
The USF men’s basketball team added another shooting guard to its 2014 signing class Saturday evening when Dinero Mercurius of Faith Baptist Christian School signed a national letter of intent.
The addition of Mercurius comes at a time of rapid change for the Bulls.
On Friday afternoon, guards Javontae Hawkins, Musa Abdul-Aleem and forward Zach LeDay announced their intentions to transfer before the start of next season. These three transfers, along with the transfer of Josh Heath and the graduating seniors means the Bulls will lose six players from last year’s roster.
USF’s other 2014 commit is shooting guard Troy Holston of Oldsmar Christian. Holston has been committed to the Bulls since August and has not wavered in
The two incoming shooting guards will now have more potential opportunities for playing time. Mercurius averaged 17 points and six assists last season.
“Dinero is the best shooter I’ve ever coached,” Faith Baptist coach Kenny Gillon said in a press release.“His work ethic is tremendous and his best years are ahead of him.”
These two incoming guards give the Bulls the depth they will lose from the transferring players. Along with depth, the newcomers will give the Bulls something that they lacked last season — outside shooting.
Both Mercurius and Holston are listed as strong shooters on scouting reports and could help USF improve from being the worst three-point shooting team in the AAC in 2012-2013.
There is still time for the Bulls’ roster to change as there are empty slots to fill, but as of now Mercurius and Holston are the only additions to next
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Avoiding Body Drought: Tips to Prevent Dehydration
- Lighting for Aging Eyes -- Don't Get Left in the Dark
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge