Bulls’ overhaul continues with Mercurius
The USF men’s basketball team added another shooting guard to its 2014 signing class Saturday evening when Dinero Mercurius of Faith Baptist Christian School signed a national letter of intent.
The addition of Mercurius comes at a time of rapid change for the Bulls.
On Friday afternoon, guards Javontae Hawkins, Musa Abdul-Aleem and forward Zach LeDay announced their intentions to transfer before the start of next season. These three transfers, along with the transfer of Josh Heath and the graduating seniors means the Bulls will lose six players from last year’s roster.
USF’s other 2014 commit is shooting guard Troy Holston of Oldsmar Christian. Holston has been committed to the Bulls since August and has not wavered in
The two incoming shooting guards will now have more potential opportunities for playing time. Mercurius averaged 17 points and six assists last season.
“Dinero is the best shooter I’ve ever coached,” Faith Baptist coach Kenny Gillon said in a press release.“His work ethic is tremendous and his best years are ahead of him.”
These two incoming guards give the Bulls the depth they will lose from the transferring players. Along with depth, the newcomers will give the Bulls something that they lacked last season — outside shooting.
Both Mercurius and Holston are listed as strong shooters on scouting reports and could help USF improve from being the worst three-point shooting team in the AAC in 2012-2013.
There is still time for the Bulls’ roster to change as there are empty slots to fill, but as of now Mercurius and Holston are the only additions to next
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Busch Gardens lines up to be the latest hated theme park
- Rise and shine: The awakening of USF’s sleeping giant
- Lightning’s Student Rush program continues to grow
- A look at the 2016-17 A&S budget
- Path to preeminence prompts office integration
- It’s time colleges reform their application process
- Freshman pitcher finds his stride in the bullpen
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Get Involved in Preventing Mosquitoes
- Preparing 21st Century Enterprises for Success in the...
- 7 Questions to Ask Before Hiring Your Wedding Photographer
- Tips for Seniors Who Suffer From Muscle Aches and Pains
- A Safer Alternative to Opioids for Treating Chronic Pain
- How Brand Marketers Drive Lift in Loyalty, Reach
- A New Way to Deal With Dry Mouth
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Encourages Parents to Reclaim Family...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Course Hero Welcomes Dr. Arthur Levine to their Advisory Board
- LendEDU 2016 College Students and Personal Finance Study
- FINALS SUCK: JOLLY RANCHER CANDY EMBRACES THE LONGEST, SUCKIEST WEEK OF COLLEGE
- Facebook & America East To Keynote College Sports Summit, June 1-3, GA
- Sodexo Reveals The 20ish Under 20ish Hunger Squad For 2016