Bulls look to upset No. 12 Louisville
The USF womens basketball team (14-5, 3-3) will look to continue its success at home when they tip off with No. 12 Louisville on Wednesday at 7 p.m.
The Cardinals (17-4,5-2) will be the third Top 25 team to play the Bulls this season, each of those games held in the Sun Dome and resulting in a USF loss.
The last Top 25 team to play the Bulls was No. 2 Notre Dame when the Bulls opened their conference play.
The game ended in a near upset in front of a sold out arena when the Bulls lost in overtime, 75-71.
Louisville will likely create a similar atmosphere to the
Sun Dome as they boast the second highest field goal
percentage from the three-point range in the Big East, shooting 34.9 percent right behind Notre Dame.
USF senior forward Tahira Johnson said she hopes to
focus on her teams game plan, making sure they perform on the court.
If we run our sets, execute and get easy baskets, we should be fine, she said.
Though easy baskets have been hard to come by for USF in the field during conference play, shooting just
36 percent, fifth lowest in the conference, USF can also be a deep threat.
If easy baskets are what Johnson and the Bulls want to focus on, then they might find that from beyond the arch. The Bulls sit two spots behind Louisville in shooting threes with 34.1 percent Louisville will enter on a three-game winning streak, something USF will hope to take on after Wednesday night.
A win would give the Bulls some much-needed
momentum before traveling north for a two-game stint on the road starting Sunday.
It would mean a lot to our program, Johnson said.
Being able to do it on our home floor would mean a lot as well.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Don't Miss a Beat: Tips for Enjoying a Live Concert
- Tips to Enjoy Pest-Free Camping This Summer
- Los Hispanos Predominan En El Mercado De Regreso a Clases...
- Chiropractors Offer Advice to Those With Diabetes
- Waste and Recycling Jobs: Opportunities Are Plentiful
- Landfills: An Unexpected Source of Renewable Energy
- The Best Accessories are Easy, Convenient and Portable
- The Latest Buzz Phrase in Health Care
- Content Agency Promises the Best Bang for Your...
- The Best Accessories for Going Swimming
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Five Tips for Making Your Dorm Room Feel Like Home
- Tinder Reveals Top 50 U.S. College Campuses with Most Popular Men and Women
- Little Known Tips to Pay Less at College Bookstores
- 18-25 Years Old? EARN $80 IN 90 MINUTES for Participating in Research Study
- truth® CELEBRATES SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY MOVE TO TOBACCO-FREE