Bulls look to upset No. 12 Louisville
The USF womens basketball team (14-5, 3-3) will look to continue its success at home when they tip off with No. 12 Louisville on Wednesday at 7 p.m.
The Cardinals (17-4,5-2) will be the third Top 25 team to play the Bulls this season, each of those games held in the Sun Dome and resulting in a USF loss.
The last Top 25 team to play the Bulls was No. 2 Notre Dame when the Bulls opened their conference play.
The game ended in a near upset in front of a sold out arena when the Bulls lost in overtime, 75-71.
Louisville will likely create a similar atmosphere to the
Sun Dome as they boast the second highest field goal
percentage from the three-point range in the Big East, shooting 34.9 percent right behind Notre Dame.
USF senior forward Tahira Johnson said she hopes to
focus on her teams game plan, making sure they perform on the court.
If we run our sets, execute and get easy baskets, we should be fine, she said.
Though easy baskets have been hard to come by for USF in the field during conference play, shooting just
36 percent, fifth lowest in the conference, USF can also be a deep threat.
If easy baskets are what Johnson and the Bulls want to focus on, then they might find that from beyond the arch. The Bulls sit two spots behind Louisville in shooting threes with 34.1 percent Louisville will enter on a three-game winning streak, something USF will hope to take on after Wednesday night.
A win would give the Bulls some much-needed
momentum before traveling north for a two-game stint on the road starting Sunday.
It would mean a lot to our program, Johnson said.
Being able to do it on our home floor would mean a lot as well.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Quinton Flowers wins AAC Offensive Player of the Year
- BOT formally approves Genshaft bonus
- Top 10 moments of the fall semester
- Netflix: No Wi-Fi needed
- USF Health Services sees spike in clients as exams near
- USF System President Genshaft up for performance-based stipend
- USF students reflect on fall semester
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Yes, Olivia, There Is a Santa, and He's Calling You
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities