Bulls earn Big East conference honors
Following a dominant win over Ball State that moved USF up in the national rankings and further into the national spotlight, two Bulls have earned Big East honors.
Sophomore safety Mark Joyce was named Big East Special Teams Player of the Week after scoring a 17-yard touchdown on a fumble return on the opening kickoff of the game. The fumble was forced by linebackers Armando Sanchez and Mike Jeune, but it was Joyce's score that tied the USF record for fastest touchdown.
Redshirt junior B.J. Daniels picked up Big East Offensive Player of the Week honors after playing one of the best games of his career Saturday against the Cardinals.
Daniels was 28-for-39 for 359 yards and one touchdown in little more than two quarters of action against Ball State, leading the Bulls' offense to a 30-0 halftime lead. Daniels set career highs in attempts, completions and yards in the game.
El Houssine honored
USF outside hitter Valerie El Houssine was named Big East Freshman of the Week by the conference Monday for her efforts in the UCF Invitational.
The Eghezee, Belgium, native helped the Bulls to an undefeated weekend by leading the team in total kills with 42 and was named the tournament's Most Valuable Player. She currently leads the team in kills, with 88 on the season.
El Houssine arrived at USF following a summer of international volleyball - representing Belgium at the Junior World Championships in Peru.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protect Your Kid's Identity
- Peace of Mind in Retirement
- Florida Remains Launch Pad to Space Thanks to Private Firms
- 9 out of 10 Americans More Likely to Come to London...
- Meeting the Health Care Needs of Next-Generation Consumers
- Katy Perry Helps Support Teachers and Students
- The Great Divide: Balancing Travel and Protecting...
- What Would It Take to Get You to the Dentist?
- Say Cheese! How What You Eat Affects Your Smile
- Headed to the Dentist? Beware of Backflow