Bulls earn Big East conference honors
Following a dominant win over Ball State that moved USF up in the national rankings and further into the national spotlight, two Bulls have earned Big East honors.
Sophomore safety Mark Joyce was named Big East Special Teams Player of the Week after scoring a 17-yard touchdown on a fumble return on the opening kickoff of the game. The fumble was forced by linebackers Armando Sanchez and Mike Jeune, but it was Joyce's score that tied the USF record for fastest touchdown.
Redshirt junior B.J. Daniels picked up Big East Offensive Player of the Week honors after playing one of the best games of his career Saturday against the Cardinals.
Daniels was 28-for-39 for 359 yards and one touchdown in little more than two quarters of action against Ball State, leading the Bulls' offense to a 30-0 halftime lead. Daniels set career highs in attempts, completions and yards in the game.
El Houssine honored
USF outside hitter Valerie El Houssine was named Big East Freshman of the Week by the conference Monday for her efforts in the UCF Invitational.
The Eghezee, Belgium, native helped the Bulls to an undefeated weekend by leading the team in total kills with 42 and was named the tournament's Most Valuable Player. She currently leads the team in kills, with 88 on the season.
El Houssine arrived at USF following a summer of international volleyball - representing Belgium at the Junior World Championships in Peru.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Quinton Flowers wins AAC Offensive Player of the Year
- BOT formally approves Genshaft bonus
- Top 10 moments of the fall semester
- Netflix: No Wi-Fi needed
- USF Health Services sees spike in clients as exams near
- USF System President Genshaft up for performance-based stipend
- USF students reflect on fall semester
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
- A New Read on Literacy: The 3 Keys to Building Lifelong...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities