Bulls earn Big East conference honors
Following a dominant win over Ball State that moved USF up in the national rankings and further into the national spotlight, two Bulls have earned Big East honors.
Sophomore safety Mark Joyce was named Big East Special Teams Player of the Week after scoring a 17-yard touchdown on a fumble return on the opening kickoff of the game. The fumble was forced by linebackers Armando Sanchez and Mike Jeune, but it was Joyce's score that tied the USF record for fastest touchdown.
Redshirt junior B.J. Daniels picked up Big East Offensive Player of the Week honors after playing one of the best games of his career Saturday against the Cardinals.
Daniels was 28-for-39 for 359 yards and one touchdown in little more than two quarters of action against Ball State, leading the Bulls' offense to a 30-0 halftime lead. Daniels set career highs in attempts, completions and yards in the game.
El Houssine honored
USF outside hitter Valerie El Houssine was named Big East Freshman of the Week by the conference Monday for her efforts in the UCF Invitational.
The Eghezee, Belgium, native helped the Bulls to an undefeated weekend by leading the team in total kills with 42 and was named the tournament's Most Valuable Player. She currently leads the team in kills, with 88 on the season.
El Houssine arrived at USF following a summer of international volleyball - representing Belgium at the Junior World Championships in Peru.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Do More With Less
- New Treatment for Undiagnosed Sports Injuries -- From...
- Beat the Crowds: Visit Europe During the Shoulder Seasons
- Building a Better Bridge From Hospital to Home Health Care
- 8 Tips to Selecting Colors for Your Home's Exterior
- This Year, Make a Goal to Contribute More to Your 401(k)
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Entries Now Open for 7th Annual College Sports Media Awards
- Rescue your Spring Break with new app dubbed the "Uber of Roadside Assistance"
- First Lady Michelle Obama and the Peace Corps Join Together to Expand Girls' Education
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending