Bulls bounce back from tough weekend
The Bulls fell in the first set Tuesday evening against Florida Gulf Coast University (FGCU), and their road troubles looked as if they were going to continue.
But USF (4-4) was able to bounce back in a big way, taking the next three sets to seal their first road victory of the season, 3-1.
Freshman Kayla Bivins had her best game of the season and led the team with 16 kills to help the team comeback to win the match.
Another key contributor was freshman outside hitter Erin Fairs, who posted 14 kills and 18 digs.
For the Bulls, the confidence of finally winning a road game may carry over to this weekend’s three-game series at home.
The win over FGCU, despite not being the toughest team on their schedule, was important for the Bulls early in the season before they face teams receiving national attention, such as Louisville on Oct. 11.
Going into the weekend, the Bulls face No. 22 ranked Purdue, their second ranked opponent of the season.
But first, the Bulls begin a three-game series Friday at 7 p.m. against Pittsburgh.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Beat the Crowds: Visit Europe During the Shoulder Seasons
- Building a Better Bridge From Hospital to Home Health Care
- 8 Tips to Selecting Colors for Your Home's Exterior
- This Year, Make a Goal to Contribute More to Your 401(k)
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Rescue your Spring Break with new app dubbed the "Uber of Roadside Assistance"
- First Lady Michelle Obama and the Peace Corps Join Together to Expand Girls' Education
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel