Bulls bounce back from tough weekend
The Bulls fell in the first set Tuesday evening against Florida Gulf Coast University (FGCU), and their road troubles looked as if they were going to continue.
But USF (4-4) was able to bounce back in a big way, taking the next three sets to seal their first road victory of the season, 3-1.
Freshman Kayla Bivins had her best game of the season and led the team with 16 kills to help the team comeback to win the match.
Another key contributor was freshman outside hitter Erin Fairs, who posted 14 kills and 18 digs.
For the Bulls, the confidence of finally winning a road game may carry over to this weekend’s three-game series at home.
The win over FGCU, despite not being the toughest team on their schedule, was important for the Bulls early in the season before they face teams receiving national attention, such as Louisville on Oct. 11.
Going into the weekend, the Bulls face No. 22 ranked Purdue, their second ranked opponent of the season.
But first, the Bulls begin a three-game series Friday at 7 p.m. against Pittsburgh.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Cosplayers to suit up for Tampa Bay Comic Con
- Search continues for graves at Dozier
- USF Athletics: What you might have missed this summer
- Pujol represents Bulls in FIBA World Cup
- The health consequences of a night with Netflix
- Colleges should worry about losing funding over Title IX violations
- Renovations revitalize USF Bookstore
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools
- Two Sides of Curb Appeal: Beauty and Performance
- Using Subtypes to Guide Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer
- 10 Things to Know About the New HiSET High School...