Bulls bounce back from tough weekend
The Bulls fell in the first set Tuesday evening against Florida Gulf Coast University (FGCU), and their road troubles looked as if they were going to continue.
But USF (4-4) was able to bounce back in a big way, taking the next three sets to seal their first road victory of the season, 3-1.
Freshman Kayla Bivins had her best game of the season and led the team with 16 kills to help the team comeback to win the match.
Another key contributor was freshman outside hitter Erin Fairs, who posted 14 kills and 18 digs.
For the Bulls, the confidence of finally winning a road game may carry over to this weekend’s three-game series at home.
The win over FGCU, despite not being the toughest team on their schedule, was important for the Bulls early in the season before they face teams receiving national attention, such as Louisville on Oct. 11.
Going into the weekend, the Bulls face No. 22 ranked Purdue, their second ranked opponent of the season.
But first, the Bulls begin a three-game series Friday at 7 p.m. against Pittsburgh.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Firefighter Battles Flames and Cancer
- Winter Is Coming: Is Your Fuel Ready?
- Could The Movie Studio be the Next Heavy Hitter?
- Can Insurance Companies Adapt to Today's Fast-Paced...
- Help Fund Your Favorite School Cause One Apple at a Time
- New TIPS Program Focuses on Preventing Youth Sports Injuries
- Don't Let Spooky Pests Haunt Your Home This Fall
- Weight Loss Procedure Hits a Nerve -- Literally
- Clues in the Attic: Pre-Winter Roof Checkups Made Easy
- Feeding Your Joints to Stay on the Move