Bulls bounce back from tough weekend
The Bulls fell in the first set Tuesday evening against Florida Gulf Coast University (FGCU), and their road troubles looked as if they were going to continue.
But USF (4-4) was able to bounce back in a big way, taking the next three sets to seal their first road victory of the season, 3-1.
Freshman Kayla Bivins had her best game of the season and led the team with 16 kills to help the team comeback to win the match.
Another key contributor was freshman outside hitter Erin Fairs, who posted 14 kills and 18 digs.
For the Bulls, the confidence of finally winning a road game may carry over to this weekend’s three-game series at home.
The win over FGCU, despite not being the toughest team on their schedule, was important for the Bulls early in the season before they face teams receiving national attention, such as Louisville on Oct. 11.
Going into the weekend, the Bulls face No. 22 ranked Purdue, their second ranked opponent of the season.
But first, the Bulls begin a three-game series Friday at 7 p.m. against Pittsburgh.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- AAC Player of the Year removed from USF softball
- Ethics committee opens investigation of SG president
- Student bands get chance for the big stage
- First all-ticket presidential debate brings calls for change
- The threat of empty promises
- Bulls enter critical final stretch
- Tampa design firm urges city to play
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protecting Seniors Online from Scams, Hacks and Tax Fraud
- Rehydrating for Optimal Health
- Five Reasons You Need Cell Phone Insurance Now
- The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
- Companies Are Discovering That Pittsburgh Is Good for...
- Millennials Go House Hunting, and Here's What They Crave
- Estate Plans: You're Not Doing Anyone a Favor by Avoiding...
- What Would You Have to Give Up to Pay for An Unexpected...
- Four Tips to Keep Your Kids' Teeth Healthy And Clean
- Local Community Newspapers Go Digital
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- N. American Effie Awards Announces 2017 Collegiate Effie Competition
- Students Increasingly Turn To GoFundMe To Pay For College
- O2 BARS: LATEST RAGE AT COLLEGE DE-STRESS, SOCIAL, & WELLNESS EVENTS
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- ESA Foundation launches 2017-18 Scholarship Program