Bresnahan tabbed as defensive coordinator
Former Oakland Raiders and Florida Tuskers defensivecoordinator Chuck Bresnahan was announced as the newest member of coach Willie Taggarts team on Wednesday evening.
Bresnahan, who coached linebackers in the NFL as early as 1994, most recently coached UFLs Sacramento MountainLions.
After being hired by Jon Gruden in 1998,Bresnahan served as the defensive
coordinator for the Raiders from 2000-03 and again in 2011. Though there was muchspeculation that Bresnahan was fired by the Raiders after aseason in which they allowed the second highest number of points in franchise history, the Raiders initially denied he had been fired. Bresnahan joined the Mountain Lions as defensive coordinator in 2012.
This will be his first collegiate coaching position since 1993, when he coached at Maine.
I couldnt be more excited about the talent and experience weve added to our defensive staff today, Taggart said in a statement. Chuck has coached at the highest levels and will bring a wealth of knowledge on thedefensive side of the ball. Hisability to teach the game and mentor our players will be an asset to this football team and I know hell be a terrific recruiter.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Firefighter Battles Flames and Cancer
- Winter Is Coming: Is Your Fuel Ready?
- Could The Movie Studio be the Next Heavy Hitter?
- Can Insurance Companies Adapt to Today's Fast-Paced...
- Help Fund Your Favorite School Cause One Apple at a Time
- New TIPS Program Focuses on Preventing Youth Sports Injuries
- Don't Let Spooky Pests Haunt Your Home This Fall
- Weight Loss Procedure Hits a Nerve -- Literally
- Clues in the Attic: Pre-Winter Roof Checkups Made Easy
- Feeding Your Joints to Stay on the Move