Breaking Dawn Part 2: A not-so-shocking conclusion
One of the most important things to remember when going to see a Twilight movie is that it will neither be breathtaking, or completely terrible. The final chapter of this beloved saga is no exception to that rule.
In this last chapter of the Twilight movies, Breaking Dawn: Part 2, Bella (Kristen Stewart) learns that life as a new vampire is very different than living life as a human. She must control her impulse to feed when around humans, especially as her own daughter grows older at the alarming, faster-than-normal rate of a half-vampire child. When Alice (Ashley Greene), the sister of Edward (Robert Pattinson), has a vision that the formidable vampire leaders, the Volturi, are coming to the town of Forks, they begin to gather and prepare a case that might just save their lives.
The Cullen family reaches out to every vampire connection they have to prove that they did not break the law forbidding the biting of a baby to turn it into a vampire that the Cullen baby was born from Bella. Almost everyone in the Cullen family has a special gift, as well as other vampires who are recruited to aid he Cullen family. These gifts bring an entertaining aspect to the film, as the audience gets to see a variety of vampire skills, such as shocking someone with electricity or manipulating earths natural elements.
As the Twilight series comes to a close, its up to Breaking Dawn: Part 2 to leave a good impression behind, and perhaps even a legacy. The movie, meant for a more mature crowd, is not as innocent as when Bella first met Edward. The graphic fighting includes almost-rated -R scenes of vampires heads being torn off.
The films climax and twists get the audience involved and pulls the heartstrings of twihards, and this is when the film shows its merit. The movie doesnt feel slow, and by the ending mellows out.
Stewarts acting has improved slightly since the beginning of the Twilight franchise. Contrary to their off-screen tabloid drama, Stewart and Pattinsons on-screen relationship develops a little further as Bella shows her husband shes not as fragile as he used to imagine.
After playing a couple for the past four movies, the two actors are no doubt comfortable around each other, which shows in the movie during romantic scenes between Bella and Edward. Edward finally becomes less protective of Bella when he sees that, as a vampire, Bella cannot only take care of herself but the ones she loves as well.
Bellas father (Billy Burke) and friend Jacob Black (Taylor Lautner) provide most of the comic relief in the film and many of the memorable moments are humorous.
The film is directed by Bill Condon and was released on Nov. 16. The Twilight series is based on the books written by Stephanie Meyer, who has also appeared as a cameo in the previous movies.
Breaking Dawn: Part 2 is a good choice for young adults looking for something entertaining to watch, whether one takes the films seriously or not. Even for those who havent read the book, it provides humor, a little bit of romance and a surprising twist that is sure to make even those who read the book gasp out loud.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family Fun: Indoor Trampoline Parks Grow by Leaps and Bounds
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists