Brazil-Tampa partnership favors USF interests
Since 2005, Brazil has been climbing its way up the economic ladder and now has a $2.5 trillion GDP, making Brazil’s economy the sixth best in the nation, according to CNN.
Recently, USF representatives made a trip with Tampa Mayor Bob Buckhorn to develop a partnership with this country that is growing in power. This partnership between Brazil and USF could mean great things for the university, and USF should be lauded for quickly acting as the city takes this initiative.
In Latin America, Brazil dominates in the top universities.
According to QS Top Universities, of the 300 top universities in Latin America, 81 of them are in Brazil, which is far more than any of the other 18 countries. If USF was going to partner with any Latin American country, Brazil is clearly one that educationally mirrors the image in which USF wishes to travel.
The partnership will allow for many academic opportunities between USF and Brazilian universities.
This relationship with Brazil’s leaders can allow USF to partner with researchers from the many universities in Brazil. Being a research institution, any opportunity for USF to expand their research is an option that has wide potential.
Not only can this partnership benefit research programs, but it also opens the doors for new study abroad programs and brings in new streams of revenue during a time of financial turmoil. On average, international students pay about three times the rate of in-state residents, and USF has conscientiously tried to increase its international presence in recent years.
This partnership could be beneficial to students because it provides new opportunities to explore the world, brings new people to USF to further diversification and benefits the university financially.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Trump to hold rally at Sun Dome
- Fun sailing with Gasparilla continues until April
- SG Senate approves divestment again
- USF takes stance against biased speech
- USF research team witnesses historic eruption
- USF totals 18 signees on National Signing Day
- USF's Courtney Williams eclipses 2,000 career points in win
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 2016 Resolutions: Time for an Update?
- GlobalGiving and Athletic Tips Partner to Help Keep Young...
- Share Your Love This Valentine's Day
- From Bratty to Bearable, Global Nanny Jo Frost Tackles...
- Fibromyalgia: The Disease Whose Exact Cause Remains Unknown
- Beware Scourge Pricing When Using Apps Like Uber
- How Safe Is Your Child's Bedroom?
- Is Your Smile Unforgettable?
- Gallup Report Shows More Americans Favor Chiropractic Care
- Reading Program Is 'Changing Lives One Student at a Time'