Big Guava joins in music festival trend
With attendance of music festivals like Coachella, Bonnaroo and SXSW growing across the nation, Tampa is finally throwing its hat in the ring with the announcement Wednesday of the Big Guava Music Festival, a three-day festival hitting the Florida State Fairgrounds May 2-4.
Outkast, Vampire Weekend and Foster the People will headline the almost 40-band event.
Big Guava is a revamp of 2013’s Funshine Music Festival, with many of the same elements, such as
midway rides, food trucks and multiple stages. However, this time the focus is on music and the line-up is catered to a younger crowd with the target audience ranging from ages 15 to 45.
“We tried to get a little something for everybody
without going too far skewed,” Neil Jacobsen, president of Live Nation, said during a press conference Wednesday. “Last year we had REO Speedwagon, Styx, Train and a few other alternative acts, and it didn’t really work. So, the festival element really is that 15 to 45 year-old (demographic), we tried to get some of the
really cool hip-hop artists and some of the great alternative bands and some the established bands.”
The event will be able to hold a capacity of 20,000 people per day. Three-day general admission passes go on sale Saturday at 10 a.m. for $165 and premium passes for $499. A limited number of early-bird general admission tickets were available Wednesday at
5 p.m. for $99, but sold out in 10 minutes.
To purchase tickets, visit www.livenation.com.
Foster The People
Tegan And Sara
Twenty One Pilots
Chance the Rapper
Walk The Moon
Band Of Skulls
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership
- PAOLO NUTINI CELEBRATES U.S. RELEASE OF “CAUSTIC LOVE”