Big Guava joins in music festival trend
With attendance of music festivals like Coachella, Bonnaroo and SXSW growing across the nation, Tampa is finally throwing its hat in the ring with the announcement Wednesday of the Big Guava Music Festival, a three-day festival hitting the Florida State Fairgrounds May 2-4.
Outkast, Vampire Weekend and Foster the People will headline the almost 40-band event.
Big Guava is a revamp of 2013’s Funshine Music Festival, with many of the same elements, such as
midway rides, food trucks and multiple stages. However, this time the focus is on music and the line-up is catered to a younger crowd with the target audience ranging from ages 15 to 45.
“We tried to get a little something for everybody
without going too far skewed,” Neil Jacobsen, president of Live Nation, said during a press conference Wednesday. “Last year we had REO Speedwagon, Styx, Train and a few other alternative acts, and it didn’t really work. So, the festival element really is that 15 to 45 year-old (demographic), we tried to get some of the
really cool hip-hop artists and some of the great alternative bands and some the established bands.”
The event will be able to hold a capacity of 20,000 people per day. Three-day general admission passes go on sale Saturday at 10 a.m. for $165 and premium passes for $499. A limited number of early-bird general admission tickets were available Wednesday at
5 p.m. for $99, but sold out in 10 minutes.
To purchase tickets, visit www.livenation.com.
Foster The People
Tegan And Sara
Twenty One Pilots
Chance the Rapper
Walk The Moon
Band Of Skulls
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Help Find the Best Cancer Treatments for Kids
- Are You Eating Enough Vegetables a Day?
- Encryption Technology for Your Privacy
- Get to Know Sarcoidosis: A Complex, Misunderstood Disease
- What Is Million?
- Sugar Gliders, Pangolins & Foxes, Oh My! New Novel...
- Mom Knows Best: Even When Buying a Mother's Day Gift
- What the H? Rhum Finally Arrives to the Cocktail Party
- Study Finds Boomers Are Sinking Their Teeth Into Looking...
- Think Your Data is Safe? Think Again
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Course Hero Launches New Android App to Help Students Study Anywhere
- Ready for summer? Your next move can save you money, on self storage.
- GSK to Host "Rowing & Cycling Challenge" on World Meningitis Day
- Read the groundbreaking new book from Jeff Selingo, THERE IS LIFE AFTER COLLEGE
- ONE YOUNG WORLD'S ENVIRONMENT SUMMIT: THE ULTIMATE GRADUATION GIFT