Big Guava joins in music festival trend
With attendance of music festivals like Coachella, Bonnaroo and SXSW growing across the nation, Tampa is finally throwing its hat in the ring with the announcement Wednesday of the Big Guava Music Festival, a three-day festival hitting the Florida State Fairgrounds May 2-4.
Outkast, Vampire Weekend and Foster the People will headline the almost 40-band event.
Big Guava is a revamp of 2013’s Funshine Music Festival, with many of the same elements, such as
midway rides, food trucks and multiple stages. However, this time the focus is on music and the line-up is catered to a younger crowd with the target audience ranging from ages 15 to 45.
“We tried to get a little something for everybody
without going too far skewed,” Neil Jacobsen, president of Live Nation, said during a press conference Wednesday. “Last year we had REO Speedwagon, Styx, Train and a few other alternative acts, and it didn’t really work. So, the festival element really is that 15 to 45 year-old (demographic), we tried to get some of the
really cool hip-hop artists and some of the great alternative bands and some the established bands.”
The event will be able to hold a capacity of 20,000 people per day. Three-day general admission passes go on sale Saturday at 10 a.m. for $165 and premium passes for $499. A limited number of early-bird general admission tickets were available Wednesday at
5 p.m. for $99, but sold out in 10 minutes.
To purchase tickets, visit www.livenation.com.
Foster The People
Tegan And Sara
Twenty One Pilots
Chance the Rapper
Walk The Moon
Band Of Skulls
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Fernandez reaches 300 win plateau in 30-point win
- Students plan protest for Inauguration Day
- Sexual harassment lawsuit involving USF professor settled
- The division of Black Lives Matter
- Ways to find internships before graduation
- EDITORIAL: No nostalgia spared for end of Ringling Bros. circus
- Healthcare: A right that cannot be gambled with
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Top Tips for Timely Performance Driving
- Wellness Program Rewards Healthy New Year's Goals
- New Medical Supplement Offers Advance in Bladder Control
- Get An Edge on College Prep Tests
- Noodles to the Rescue: Make Dinner In a Snap
- Student Athletes Emulate the Pros in Abusing Prescription...
- Specialized Firefighter Training Helps Save Farmers' Lives
- One New Year's Resolution You Don't Have to Keep to Be a...
- Reverse Mortgage Can Help With Retirement Planning
- How to Protect Your Data in a Connected World
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College Students Head Back to Campus with Amazon Prime Student
- Phi Kappa Phi 2017 Award Programs Now Open
- MAX FROST RELEASES NEW VIDEO FOR INFECTIOUS TRACK "ADDERALL"
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates