Big Guava joins in music festival trend
With attendance of music festivals like Coachella, Bonnaroo and SXSW growing across the nation, Tampa is finally throwing its hat in the ring with the announcement Wednesday of the Big Guava Music Festival, a three-day festival hitting the Florida State Fairgrounds May 2-4.
Outkast, Vampire Weekend and Foster the People will headline the almost 40-band event.
Big Guava is a revamp of 2013’s Funshine Music Festival, with many of the same elements, such as
midway rides, food trucks and multiple stages. However, this time the focus is on music and the line-up is catered to a younger crowd with the target audience ranging from ages 15 to 45.
“We tried to get a little something for everybody
without going too far skewed,” Neil Jacobsen, president of Live Nation, said during a press conference Wednesday. “Last year we had REO Speedwagon, Styx, Train and a few other alternative acts, and it didn’t really work. So, the festival element really is that 15 to 45 year-old (demographic), we tried to get some of the
really cool hip-hop artists and some of the great alternative bands and some the established bands.”
The event will be able to hold a capacity of 20,000 people per day. Three-day general admission passes go on sale Saturday at 10 a.m. for $165 and premium passes for $499. A limited number of early-bird general admission tickets were available Wednesday at
5 p.m. for $99, but sold out in 10 minutes.
To purchase tickets, visit www.livenation.com.
Foster The People
Tegan And Sara
Twenty One Pilots
Chance the Rapper
Walk The Moon
Band Of Skulls
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- ‘Jurassic World’ brings dino excitement back to life
- Haitian students to lead discussion on Caribbean migration crisis
- Schools share strategies for student success
- SCOTUS ruling not a personal attack against conservatives
- Woulard announces transfer to USF
- Antigua fills void with Penn State transfer
- Taggart adds offensive line depth
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Pointers for Packing the Perfect Summer Picnic
- Natural Snacks Make Nutritious Meals
- How American-Made Products Benefit Many
- Los Hispanos Celebran El Verano Con Diversión,...
- Minimizing the Mess: How to Keep a Clean Home With Kids
- Millennials Help Boost the Popularity of ETFs
- How to Handle the Potential Pitfalls of Dating
- Smart Homes Save Time and Money
- Simple Steps to Safeguard Your Second Home
- Smart Ways to Save on Home Insurance
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- vitaminwater® Announces Project Hustle Finalists
- Supermodel Jaslene Gonzalez to Speak at Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority 25th Anniversary Sisterhood Retreat
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS
- NEW WEBSITE FEATURES COLLEGE PROFESSORS EXCLUSIVELY AS ONLINE TUTORS
- Dickinson College and Jadu Reinvent Website and Portal with 'Single Experience Student Platform'