Alert memo sent in error
Those on campus on the first day of spring break using university computers may have received an alert memo warning them to take precaution of an armed intruder.
Moments later a second message, sent via text alert this time too, stated hat "no emergency or immediate threat" existed and to disregard the earlier message which was due to a system error.
"IT was performing a routine check and somehow the alert message was launched," USF Media and Public Relations Coordinator Adam Freeman said. "It was a system error that was immediately cleared."
— Staff report
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- USF baseball rallies for 9-4 win over Stetson, looks toward AAC play
- Senate dismisses ethics accusations against SG president
- Free STI testing on campus
- Report: Guerrero, Zeigler add to growing list of basketball transfers
- Strong announces Childs has been dismissed from team
- Tampa still needs improvement for LGBT rights
- Pitching carrying USF baseball's hot start
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- News Site Rantt Takes The Time to Get It Right
- The Opioid Crisis' Latest Victims: Addicted Babies
- The Importance of Protecting Patents
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Award Programs
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards