10-hour power outage solved within the hour
Students in Juniper-Poplar hall were left in the dark due to a power outage for approximately 10 hours on Sunday, but Tampa Electric Company (TECO) spokeswoman said TECO wasnt notified until 9:30 p.m.
A crew was sent over from TECO, TECO spokeswoman Cherie Jacobs said. It was found that the problem was not on TECOs equipment, but on the customers equipment. (Upon receiving the call) TECO was able to restore power within the hour.
According to statement sent from Director of Communications for Administrative Services Karla Willman to USF spokeswoman Lara Wade-Martinez on Monday, which Willman emailed to The Oracle, the outage was due to a faulty breaker and the Housing maintenance team and TECO responded.
Willman directed further questions to Housing, which declined to comment unless a list of questions were emailed in advance.
Reporting by Elizabeth Engasser
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protect Your Kid's Identity
- How to Plan the Perfect Buddy Golf Getaway
- 4 Tips for Getting Your Best High School Senior Photos
- A Safer Alternative to Opioids for Treating Chronic Pain
- Virtual Colonoscopy Gets Top Marks As Cancer Screening Exam
- Health Experts Call for a Cultural Change in Treating...
- Peace of Mind in Retirement
- Florida Remains Launch Pad to Space Thanks to Private Firms
- 9 out of 10 Americans More Likely to Come to London...
- Meeting the Health Care Needs of Next-Generation Consumers