10-hour power outage solved within the hour
Students in Juniper-Poplar hall were left in the dark due to a power outage for approximately 10 hours on Sunday, but Tampa Electric Company (TECO) spokeswoman said TECO wasnt notified until 9:30 p.m.
A crew was sent over from TECO, TECO spokeswoman Cherie Jacobs said. It was found that the problem was not on TECOs equipment, but on the customers equipment. (Upon receiving the call) TECO was able to restore power within the hour.
According to statement sent from Director of Communications for Administrative Services Karla Willman to USF spokeswoman Lara Wade-Martinez on Monday, which Willman emailed to The Oracle, the outage was due to a faulty breaker and the Housing maintenance team and TECO responded.
Willman directed further questions to Housing, which declined to comment unless a list of questions were emailed in advance.
Reporting by Elizabeth Engasser
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Calls on College Campuses to Be Prepared for Meningococcal Disease
- Safety App BlueLight Launches at 10 New Campuses for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!