10-hour power outage solved within the hour
Students in Juniper-Poplar hall were left in the dark due to a power outage for approximately 10 hours on Sunday, but Tampa Electric Company (TECO) spokeswoman said TECO wasnt notified until 9:30 p.m.
A crew was sent over from TECO, TECO spokeswoman Cherie Jacobs said. It was found that the problem was not on TECOs equipment, but on the customers equipment. (Upon receiving the call) TECO was able to restore power within the hour.
According to statement sent from Director of Communications for Administrative Services Karla Willman to USF spokeswoman Lara Wade-Martinez on Monday, which Willman emailed to The Oracle, the outage was due to a faulty breaker and the Housing maintenance team and TECO responded.
Willman directed further questions to Housing, which declined to comment unless a list of questions were emailed in advance.
Reporting by Elizabeth Engasser
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- AAC Player of the Year removed from USF softball
- Ethics committee opens investigation of SG president
- Student bands get chance for the big stage
- First all-ticket presidential debate brings calls for change
- The threat of empty promises
- Bulls enter critical final stretch
- Tampa design firm urges city to play
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protecting Seniors Online from Scams, Hacks and Tax Fraud
- Rehydrating for Optimal Health
- Five Reasons You Need Cell Phone Insurance Now
- The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
- Companies Are Discovering That Pittsburgh Is Good for...
- Millennials Go House Hunting, and Here's What They Crave
- Estate Plans: You're Not Doing Anyone a Favor by Avoiding...
- What Would You Have to Give Up to Pay for An Unexpected...
- Four Tips to Keep Your Kids' Teeth Healthy And Clean
- Local Community Newspapers Go Digital
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- N. American Effie Awards Announces 2017 Collegiate Effie Competition
- Students Increasingly Turn To GoFundMe To Pay For College
- O2 BARS: LATEST RAGE AT COLLEGE DE-STRESS, SOCIAL, & WELLNESS EVENTS
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- ESA Foundation launches 2017-18 Scholarship Program