10-hour power outage solved within the hour
Students in Juniper-Poplar hall were left in the dark due to a power outage for approximately 10 hours on Sunday, but Tampa Electric Company (TECO) spokeswoman said TECO wasnt notified until 9:30 p.m.
A crew was sent over from TECO, TECO spokeswoman Cherie Jacobs said. It was found that the problem was not on TECOs equipment, but on the customers equipment. (Upon receiving the call) TECO was able to restore power within the hour.
According to statement sent from Director of Communications for Administrative Services Karla Willman to USF spokeswoman Lara Wade-Martinez on Monday, which Willman emailed to The Oracle, the outage was due to a faulty breaker and the Housing maintenance team and TECO responded.
Willman directed further questions to Housing, which declined to comment unless a list of questions were emailed in advance.
Reporting by Elizabeth Engasser
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care