Comedians to perform at USF on Friday

By Amanda Lopez, CORRESPONDENT
On January 10, 2018

Jenny Zigrino to headline Bulls Nite Out on Friday. SPECIAL TO THE ORACLE

The Campus Activities Board (CAB) is hosting its first Bulls Nite Out comedy show on Friday. It will feature Jenny Zigrino and Gibran Saleem.

Aside from being a supporting role in 2016 comedy films “Fifty Shades of Black” and “Bad Santa 2,” Zigrino has made appearances on Girl Code, Adam DeVine’s House Party and Comedy Central’s @ Midnight. 

According to Zigrino’s website, “with the sweetness of the Midwest and the iron balls of the East Coast, Jenny Zigrino is a comedian that packs a punch of truly original humor.”

Recently, Zigrino released the IFC web series “The Filling is Mutual” with fellow comedian, Jen Saunderson.

Gibran Saleem, who has been featured on MTV, TV Land, Elite Daily and Cosmopolitan, will be opening the show. 

Saleem, raised in a Pakistani household, started doing comedy while attending New York University for psychology. 

According to his website, “Gibran is the only comedian to ever be selected, as a finalist for both the Stand-Up NBC and NBC’s Late Night program; where he was 1 of 6 individuals hand selected over 1,000 submissions.”

In an email to the Oracle, Jill Teeter, the student programs coordinator for the CAB, said students can come to this event to unwind.

“We are really excited about this show, because it features two comedians that are staples among college campuses while also having recognition from popular television shows,” Teeter said. “This event is a great way to connect with other students who love comedy while de-stressing and relaxing after the first week of classes.”

Bulls Nite Out, hosted by CAB, usually happens on Friday nights throughout the semester and features a variety of events. The CAB offer alternatives to club and parties for students to participate in.

According to Teeter, events like this one have a lasting impact on students here at USF. 

“For comedy events, students on the Campus Activities Board do a lot of research on who is trending in the comedy world,” Teeter said. “At the event, students can get information on upcoming events the Center for Student Involvement will be putting on throughout the semester to help create memories during their time here at USF.”

Doors will open around 7:45 p.m., while popcorn and drinks will be handed out 30 minutes before the show.