Kheireddine to host second State of the Student Body Address

By Miki Shine, Editor in Chief
On November 29, 2017

At the end of the semester, the student body president gives the State of the Student Body Address to talk about issues impacting campus and accomplishments made during the semester. ORACLE FILE PHOTO/JACKIE BENITEZ

The end of the semester brings with it the State of the Student Body Address by Student Body President Moneer Kheireddine with the goal of looking at what’s impacted the school over the past few months.

Kheireddine will be outside of The Hub dining facility in The Village at 2 p.m. Wednesday.

The student body president gives an address at the end of every semester and it usually lasts for 15-30 minutes. It serves as a way for the president to discuss things that have changed around campus, issues Student Government has been looking at and the status of campaign promises.

During his summer address, Kheireddine promised to represent all of the student body after a heated election period. He also pointed out the opening of the first phase of The Village and several department’s preparations for the fall semester.

He discussed aspects of campaign promises such as securing free feminine hygiene products on campus, discussions of an on-campus football stadium and organizing for different printing trial options. Kheireddine concluded by addressing the march in Charlottesville by encouraging the USF community to focus on love and acceptance rather than grasping onto hatred.

During the Fall State of the Student Body Address, Kheireddine will likely discuss the impacts of Hurricanes Harvey and Irma, the SG Senate’s approval for funding of the National Pan-Hellenic Council plaza and look forward at hopes for the spring semester.