New service coming to USF tailgates in 2017

By Sam Newlon, Correspondent
On August 23, 2017

USF and UConn are the only non-power-5 schools the Tailgate Guys will offer services to in 2017. SPECIAL TO THE ORACLE/JACOBHOAG

USF football fans can have a tailgating experience without the preparation with a new service from Tailgate Guys. 

Tailgate Guys will be offering a full service tailgating experience for USF’s first home game against Stony Brook on Sept. 2. Five package options will be available for purchase during the 2017 football season starting at $250 per game.

The company will offer a 10-by-10-foot tent, five tailgate chairs, a 6-foot table with linens and a personalized sign in their cheapest package. 

Larger tents, more chairs, ice-filled coolers, television sets, catered food and beverages are all offered by Tailgate Guys at an additional cost. Certain packages include parking passes.

In addition to amenities, the company handles all set-up and cleanup of the tailgate. 

“You pick a package and we do the rest,” Deaven Phillips, a Tailgate Guys Tampa employee said. “People order tents, chairs, coolers and food if they want it, then we set it up before they get there on game day. After they leave for the game, we pack up everything from the location.” 

All tents will be located in the 6D parking lot outside Raymond James Stadium’s south end zone, which will be blocked off for the exclusive use of the new service in 2017.

USF is one of the recent additions to the company and is one of two non-power-5 schools the Tailgate Guys serve. The other 15 schools are UConn, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Penn State, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, Alabama, Florida, Georgia Tech, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M and Auburn, where the company was founded eight years ago.

Several university organizations have already reserved spots for Tailgate Guy’s inaugural season in Tampa, according to Phillips.

Individuals interested in reserving spots for the 2017 season can find and request more information on tailgateguys.com. Fans will still be able to independently tailgate as in years past, but should know some parking may change.