USF agrees to 10-year multimedia deal with Jeff Vinik-owned company
USF agreed to a 10-year multimedia-rights partnership with Tampa Bay Entertainment Properties, LLC (TBEP) on Monday.
The 10-year deal runs through 2027 and guarantees USF at least $29 million over the life of the contract. In the partnership, TBEP assumes exclusive rights to all commercial multimedia sports marketing, sponsorship and respective inventory possessed by USF athletics.
Included in its rights are exclusive naming rights to the Sun Dome, and all other USF owned inventory related to audio, television, print, social media and game entitlements.
The school is hoping the success of the company’s owner, Tampa Bay Lightning owner Jeff Vinik, will follow him from Amalie Arena to the Sun Dome.
Though TBEP is a separate company from the Vinik controlled entity that controls Amalie Arena, but many of the same fan features from Amalie may likely be coming to the Sun Dome as well in the near future.
The Lightning were ranked as the No. 1 overall franchise in the four major sports by ESPN in 2016 in large part to Vinik’s ownership. USF athletic director Harlan said that Vinik’s influence in the company was an enticing aspect of the partnership.
“We couldn’t be more excited to partner with this tremendous leadership team and organization led by Jeff Vinik,” Harlan said. “Jeff Vinik has set the standard for not only successful operation and growth of a sports property but for the development and nurturing of strong relationships in the community and corporate sphere. USF is proud to partner with such a widely-respected and admired organization and looks forward to doing great things together both in the Bay Area and beyond.”
The deal with TBEP will enhance fan engagement and customer service functions in USF athletics, and will provide educational opportunities through integrations with the schools’ Sports and Entertainment Management program. according to USF
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- A bond between brothers
- As exams near, student stress levels soar
- Message to draftees: Don’t mess this up
- Bulls held scoreless in midweek loss to Stetson
- As need for cybersecurity grows, USF class offers solutions
- Florida should pass laws to help women
- Tampa continues to tackle public transportation issue
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Four Tech Tools That Can Help Your Small Business Grow
- Streaming Content Box Cuts Your Cable and Costs
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- American U. professor predicts Trump will be impeached in new book
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum