Report: USF hires Brian Gregory as new men’s basketball coach
It took USF athletic director Mark Harlan just five days after the conclusion of the Bulls’ 2016-17 season to find a new coach.
A report from Jon Rothstein of FanRag Sports early Tuesday morning said USF will hire former Dayton and Georgia Tech coach Brian Gregory to replace former coach Orlando Antigua.
Gregory, 50, made the NCAA Tournament twice and the NIT three times with Dayton, but qualified for the NIT just once in five seasons at Georgia Tech. He was fired from the school following the 2015-16 season.
Gregory spent this past season as a consultant for Michigan State, which was selected as a nine seed in the NCAA Tournament this season.
Check back to USFOracle.com for updates on this developing story.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Report: Guerrero adds to growing list of basketball transfers
- Strong announces Childs has been dismissed from team
- Tampa still needs improvement for LGBT rights
- Pitching carrying USF baseball's hot start
- Viola Davis lecture moved to Sun Dome
- Cancer survivor to speak at TEDxUSF
- Childs arrested for involvement in road rage shooting
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The Importance of Protecting Patents
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Award Programs
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards