Pi Kappa Phi suspended after rape incident

The USF chapter of Pi Kappa Phi is on temporary suspension after the arrest of a member for sexual battery on a child over 12. 
SPECIAL TO THE ORACLE

Pi Kappa Phi fraternity is facing temporary suspension after one of its members, Dillon LaGamma, was arrested and charged with sexual battery on a child over 12, according to LaGamma’s arrest report from the Hillsborough County Jail.

The girl, a 16-year-old visiting campus, was raped while unconscious at a Pi Kappa Phi party last weekend, according to the criminal report affidavit. LaGamma confirmed to police while under oath that he “had vaginal and oral intercourse” with the girl, according to the criminal report affidavit.

University Police (UP) received the report Sunday morning and the investigation led them to LaGamma. The investigation is still ongoing, according to UP spokeswoman Renna Reddick.

LaGamma was arrested Sunday under “probable cause” and posted $7,500 bail the next day, according to the arrest report.

Pi Kappa Phi’s national office suspended USF’s Zeta Eta chapter Monday “to investigate alleged violations of the organization’s risk management policy and standards of conduct,” according to the Tampa Bay Times.

Student Affairs is reviewing the incident for violations of the Student Code of Conduct, according to university spokesman Adam Freeman. Students accused of crimes are subject to sanctions through the student conduct process.