Bedbug treatment in BSN finishes

ORACLE PHOTO/JACKIE BENITEZ

Treatments for bedbugs in the new portion of the Business Administrative building (BSN) concluded this week. 

Two weeks ago, a student report led to the discovery of bedbugs in seven classrooms and some open-seating areas within the newer portion of the BSN building including classrooms BSN 111, 120, 123, 124, 201 and 230.

Muma College of Business Dean Moez Limayem said that the Summer A classes would be moved to different rooms within the BSN building with the infected rooms remaining empty.

According to the most recent update from Limayem on Tuesday afternoon, USF Facilities Management re-examined all classrooms, office areas and common areas in the building last week, after treatments had been performed.  

Inspections were focused on the high traffic areas of BSN 1100 and Undergraduate Advising. 

Over the three-day weekend, inspections and precautionary treatments were done in the atrium and common areas, the Collier Student Success Center, Graduate Studies and Undergraduate Advising.

After final inspections on Tuesday, it was determined that no further treatments are required at this time, according to USF Media Affairs Manager Adam Freeman. The building will continue to receive regular inspections along with all other facilities on campus.