Ron Paul to rally in Sun Dome

Published: Monday, July 2, 2012

Updated: Monday, July 2, 2012 08:07

ORACLE PHOTO/APRIL STRATEMEYER

ORACLE PHOTO/APRIL STRATEMEYER

USF Sun Dome

With the Republican National Convention (RNC) coming to the Tampa Bay Times Forum in August, one Republican presidential candidate plans on making a stop on campus to rally with supporters.

Ron Paul, R-Texas, and his campaign will host a free rally Aug. 26 at the USF Sun Dome, which seats 11,000. Doors will open at 11 a.m and the rally will take place from noon to 5 p.m. The event is one day before the RNC.

In a video posted to his campaign website, RonPaul2012.com, Paul said the purpose of the rally is to celebrate and urge on those delegates who will be supporting Paul’s libertarian values at the RNC. He said he expects thousands of supporters.

“(We) will celebrate all we have done and urge on all the delegates who will do their job at the convention, fight for our values, influence the platform and do whatever we can to support the cause of liberty,” Paul said.

University Police (UP) spokesman Lt. Chris Daniel said UP will meet prior to the rally to minimize traffic and maintain safety.

“We only learned of it early in the week, so we haven’t gotten together as a staff yet,” Daniel said. “(But) we will make sure the interest of the university is taken care of.”

A Sun Dome press release issued Friday said inquiries can be directed to Sun Dome staff at 813-974-3111 or by visiting SunDomeArena.com.

-Staff report by Jessica Velez

5 comments

Anonymous
Wed Aug 22 2012 08:24
Will someone tell this clueless fool,Ron Paul to just wheel himself into the old folks home already.
nevadasmith
Wed Jul 4 2012 09:00
Dateline : July 4, 2012
Good morning. In less than two months, delegates from here will join others from around the country, and you will be participating in the most important Republican National Convention in the history of the Ron Paul Revolution. Ron Paul Revolution. Those words should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom. Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from marginalization. We're fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known just as an American holiday, but also as the day when the Ron Paul Revolution declared in one voice: We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!

Rewritten from Independence Day,
Written by Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin.

nevadasmith
Wed Jul 4 2012 08:57
Days Of Glory
Fellow Ron Paul supporters :These are Days Of Glory ! I am so Proud of All of You ! From the whole spectrum and rainbow of Ron Paul 2012,You are just amazing. This "Against All Odds", "Fight To The Finish", "No Quarter Given,No Quarter Asked","There Is No Tomorrow"" We Will Fight In The Shade" effort,Will Go Down In History.
We Few,We Merry Few,We Band Of Brothers....You are now writing History ! None Save Victory !
Good Luck Gentlemen and God Speed !
Anonymous
Mon Jul 2 2012 22:14
"Ron Paul is good." Torah Code.
Anonymous
Mon Jul 2 2012 13:31
Will the flying saucers be landing in the front or back of the sundome.