Bulls prepare for final home stand

Published: Thursday, October 11, 2012

Updated: Thursday, October 11, 2012 00:10

A 4-0-1 record in its last five games has the USF women’s soccer team confident heading into its final two home games of the season.
Having already surpassed its season and conference win total from 2011, USF’s next goal is to make the Big East postseason tournament after missing out last year.
Back-to-back wins last weekend gave the Bulls six points and put them one victory away from sealing a spot in the conference tournament. A strong finish to the season could also allow the Bulls to host at least one Big East Tournament game. 
USF opens the weekend on Friday at 7:30 p.m. with a clash against the Syracuse Orange (8-4-2, 5-1-1), who are one spot ahead of the Bulls in the American Division standings. A victory would put USF in second place, with a chance to seal a bye into the quarterfinals of the tournament.
The Bulls will close their home slate with a Senior Day matchup against St. John’s (6-7-1, 2-4-1), which is fighting to stay in contention for the conference tournament.

Men’s basketball announces tryouts
USF students who want to play for the USF men’s basketball team will get their chance Sunday, Oct. 14.
Beginning at 5 p.m., the team will hold open tryouts at the practice facility in the Muma  Center next to the USF Sun Dome. Interested students should bring a registration packet with them, which can be found at 
www.gousfbulls.com.