USF prepares to return to pre-pandemic operations in Summer B

USF will officially transition back to full in-person activities as well as pre-COVID-19 classroom capacities in Summer B. ORACLE PHOTO/LEDA ALVIM

The university is set to transition to pre-COVID-19 operations, as well as implement full classroom capacity, beginning June 28 — the start of the Summer B session.

In a universitywide email Thursday morning, President Steven Currall announced updates regarding USF’s efforts to a full transition to in-person operations for the summer and fall semesters. Currall said the university is also preparing a return to full in-person athletic and social activities across all three campuses.

Working in consultation with the Florida Board of Governors (BOG), USF and the other 11 State University System institutions are planning to transition to pre-COVID operations and pre-COVID classroom capacity beginning at the start of the Summer B session on June 28,” Currall said in the email.

Currall said the university will launch a website “detailing our path ahead,” featuring resources for faculty, staff and students.

More details regarding USF’s transition efforts toward welcoming back students, faculty and staff to campus will be announced in the upcoming weeks, according to Currall. Town halls will also be held across all three campuses to address any concerns and answer questions regarding the summer and fall semesters.

“We realize that moving to this next phase – while very welcome news – raises many questions. USF will continue to closely coordinate with the BOG and provide more details as soon as possible,” Currall said.

This is a developing story. Stay with The Oracle for more updates.