Corrick named to USA Softball Player of the Year Watch List

Junior pitcher Georgina Corrick led the AAC in wins last season with 12. USF ATHLETICS PHOTO

The 2021 softball season is quickly approaching and junior pitcher Georgina Corrick is already turning heads as she was named to the Watch List for the 2021 USA Softball Player of the Year award.

The watch list, which was released Wednesday, contains 50 players. Corrick is the only representative of the AAC on the list.

This is the pitcher’s second appearance on the list, the first being before the start of last season. 

Corrick’s listing should not come as a surprise given her track record of success in her time with the Bulls. 

In the 2020 season alone, she posted an ERA of 1.29 and was 12-3 in 18 appearances. She also paired those numbers with five shutouts and 10 complete games.

If her work on the mound wasn’t enough, she is also respectable at the plate. In 13 at-bats, she hit two home runs and had five RBIs on the season.

Corrick has been consistent throughout her time at USF. She has a career ERA of 1.36 in 483 innings pitched and an impressive 52-18 record. She also has 19 total shutouts and 42 complete games.

Corrick is sixth on USF’s all-time wins list, 10th on USF’s all-time innings pitch list and fifth on the all-time strikeouts list with 551.

The winner of the USA Softball Player of the Year award will be announced June 1.