Analyzing USF football’s 2021 recruiting class ahead of early signing period

The early signing period starts in less than two weeks. USF’s 2021 class has 20 recruits, with 17 coming from the Sunshine State. ORACLE PHOTO/BRIAN HATTAB

Now that the football season has officially come to a close, USF can look to the future and focus on its incoming recruiting class.

USF expects to welcome 20 players as part of its 2021 recruiting class. The commits consist of 19 three-star prospects and one two-star. Of the 20 recruits, 17 are from Florida.

The Bulls’ recruiting class ranks fourth in the AAC and 63rd in the country, according to 247Sports’ composite rankings

Cincinnati, SMU and Memphis are ahead of the Bulls in the rankings. USF is ahead of its rival, UCF, which is ranked sixth in the conference.

The 2021 class currently is be headlined by 6-foot-5-inch, 220-pound tight end Gunnar Greenwald from Satellite High School in Satellite Beach. 

As a senior, Greenwald had 27 catches for 285 yards and seven touchdowns in eight games. He also showed off his blocking skills with two pancake blocks his senior season.

Greenwald is ranked as the 903rd best recruit in the country, 50th at the tight end position and 120th in Florida. 

The position group recruited most by USF was the defensive line with four recruits.

Desmond Mamudi, a 6-foot-3-inch, 290-pound defensive tackle, is the top recruit of the four. Mamudi attended Carrollwood Day School where he recorded 38 total tackles with 16 for loss and 13 sacks in eight games this season. 

Arguably the most interesting recruit in the class is Andrew Stokes, a two-star punter out of Australia. He is rated the fourth-best punter out of Australia and the seventh-best punter in the 2021 class.

The recruits will have the opportunity to sign during the early signing period Dec. 16 or during National Signing Day on Feb. 3.